Research Associate – 2 Positions
Research Associate – 2 Positions
FTE negotiable, benefitted
Position Number: 13048
The North Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities (NDCPD) @ MSU is seeking applicants to serve as a Research Associate for grant-funded projects.
The person hired for this position will be responsible for 1) achieving assigned grant and contract goals and objectives under the direction of NDCPD’s Executive Leadership team and/or Project Directors; and 2) contributing to NDCPD’s core functions and goals. The duties listed below are typical of some or all of the duties of the position. The specific duties will vary depending on the project and assignments made by NDCPD’s Executive Leadership Team and/or Grant Project Lead.
- Become knowledgeable about NDCPD and carry out the assigned project goals and activities.
- Develop/disseminate material (instructional materials, articles, brochures, presentations, technical reports).
- Provide technical assistance and/or consultation to individuals, agencies and consumers.
- Provide training and present at meetings and conferences.
- Perform research and data analysis that impact individuals with disabilities.
- Negotiate memorandums of understanding and agreements following NDCPD and MSU guidelines.
- Participate in agency, statewide, and national planning/policy groups to address unmet needs and emerging issues.
- Coordinate, conduct, participate, and travel to meetings and conferences both in and out of state.
- Provide supervision of NDCPD staff.
- Develop other external funding resources to further disability research, services, training and technical assistance.
- Participate in internal NDCPD committees and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition, the person hired for this position will be expected to participate in grant writing activities to develop future funding resources to further the disability research, services, training and technical assistance components of NDCPD. There is potential to lead/serve on other externally funded projects in NDCPD depending on experience and expertise.
This position requires a bachelor's degree, master's preferred; other degree levels and/or experience will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in a human service field and/or experience in a disability-related field. Applicants with experience in giving presentations, writing technical reports and/or grants, and basic research activities helpful but not necessary. Chosen applicant must:
- be self-directed and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently;
- have the ability to contribute to a fast-paced, changing work environment and contribute to the success of the project and reputation of NDCPD;
- have the ability to interact and communicate professionally with people with disabilities, constituents and staff;
- be able operate standard office equipment and software;
- have a valid driver’s license or state-approved ID and;
Salary negotiable. Comprehensive benefit package including employer paid health insurance, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and tuition waiver benefits. Explore MSU Benefits.
Candidates must submit an application packet including a completed employment application with contact information for at least three references. North Dakota has an open records law; therefore, your application could be subject to review upon request. The employment application can be accessed online. Click here to apply. For more information, contact Susie Mack, Coordinator of Operations at email@example.com, 701-858-3009.
For accommodations contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For ND Relay Services: Click here.
Position Announcement dated 7-17-17; position open until filled, interviews will start upon receipt of applications
MSU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran's Preference. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment.