Post Doctoral Associate
Post Doctoral Research AssociateJob Description:
- The project, which includes greenhouse and field studies, will evaluate the efficacy of soil microbial amendments on the improvement of tree root growth and nutrient uptake. The project will focus on integration of microbial community composition, soil chemistry, root metabolism, and plant growth data. Expertise in environmental microbial ecology, molecular methods, and bioinformatics is required. Experience in high-throughput amplicon sequencing, qPCR, and shotgun metagenomics is preferred.
- The incumbent will develop hypotheses based on current literature, design and conduct experiments, perform work in the laboratory, greenhouse, and field, analyze data, and prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. The postdoctoral associate will work independently with minimal supervision. This is a one-year position, but may be extended up to three years, dependent on funding.
$50,000.00 AnnuallyMinimum Requirements:
- PhD in bioinformatics, environmental microbiology, microbial ecology, or biogeochemistry
- Expertise in bioinformatics for environmental microbiology
- Experience with unix/command line
- Evidence of effective scientific writing and publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in soil microbiology
- Experience with R
- Proficiency in programming (perl or python)
- Experience in grant writing
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, C.V, and a list of a minimum of three references with contact information (e-mail address and phone number)
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No