Digital Engagement Assistant & Receptionist
Full-time, year round, 35 hour per week position, hourly rate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Digital Engagement Assistant & Receptionist provides key administrative support to the Digital Engagement team. This support includes managing inquiries for several email inboxes; assisting with class listserv maintenance; drafting and sending email blasts; and performing website updates.
In addition, this position serves as the receptionist in PontyPool performing essential reception duties for alumni, parents, students, faculty and external constituents of Alumni and Parent Programs. These duties include answering phones, responding to in-person inquiries, distributing mail, and assisting with general office support as time allows.
The Digital Engagement Assistant & Receptionist takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Digital Engagement Support
- Address inquiries in the firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com e-mail accounts
- Manage and resolve IT tickets
- Manage In Memory webpages, class listservs, email forwarding, and LinkedIn groups.
- Create quarterly Google Analytics reports for APP webpages
- Prepare email blasts and paper mailings for online programs (including Amherst Reads, Virtual Lecture Series, Pathways Mentoring Programs) and annual Where Are You @ postcard and email mailings and Bounce postcard mailings. Assist with other APP emails as needed
- Assist with maintenance of online programs, websites, and catalogs. Provide additional web support for on campus programs and the APP team more broadly as needed
- Address inquiries and email updates from class listservs in a timely manner, assist with maintaining class listservs: update e-mail addresses
- Provide administrative support to the Pathways Mentoring Program and Brazen virtual networking as needed
- Monitor listserv activity, report on activity to leadership team as needed
- Answer telephones and delegate calls; respond directly to inquiries for general information, which may require research and subsequent correspondence or phone contact. Coordinate backup phone coverage during lunch or time away from desk, assist with hiring of students, and work, as needed, in partnership with APP Assistant
- Maintain the reception area and other office areas in a neat and inviting appearance for visitors.
- Coordinate the conference room schedule
- Communicate with Facilities and Security regarding building and safety issues
- Open mail and distribute accordingly
- Send alumni-on-campus notices
- Manage office supply order for Pontypool
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years related experience
- Sensitivity to issues of confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal, customer service, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in Microsoft office and ability to learn new software
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (e-mail and/or telephone number) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst a great place to work, learn and live!