Medical Assisting Instructor (2HS17)
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2HS17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Health Sciences
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Instructor
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: August 2017
OPENING DATE: July 21, 2017
The Medical Assisting Instructor will provide instruction for Medical Assisting courses. Aiken Technical College faculty provide instruction and academic advisement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach courses as assigned in accordance with established syllabi.
- Prepare, review and maintain courses and programs, syllabi, and instructional materials.
- Demonstrate appropriate course and classroom management.
- Provides academic guidance, assists students in developing personal, academic and professional plans, and engages in the College’s program recruitment, student retention, and graduation efforts.
- Participate in College activities and projects and promote the College through community service.
- Participate in activities that will develop the individual’s teaching performance, instructional development, knowledge of subject matter, and/or teaching or subject area qualifications in keeping with the College’s mission and institutional goals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Associate Degree in a healthcare related field and three (3) years of experience in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants. Additionally, a minimum of one (1) year teaching experience in a postsecondary and/or vocational/technical education and be credentialed in good standing in medical assisting by an organization whose credentialing exam is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on July 31, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.