Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert
Knowesis is seeking an experienced quality assurance subject matter expert to support the Department of Defense Washington Headquarters Services' (WHS) Federal Facilities Division (FFD) with major business transformation initiatives, including facilitation of problem-solving and improvement events, process modeling and analysis, data capture, and development of programmatic products. The quality assurance subject matter expert will provide technical and functional management direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation in the areas of quality assurance (QA), continuous process improvement (CPI), and risk management. This individual will be instrumental in developing and supporting administration of the quality control plan. The quality assurance subject matter expert will be responsible for providing recommendations and advice on strategy, analytical approach, improvements, optimization, and Facilities Services Directorate/ FFD related skills. This position will support the overall objective to improve the WHS FFD through business process reengineering and implementation of a robust performance measurement program, all within a CPI framework. This position requires performance of complex tasks, analysis of succession planning strategies, design and performance of special studies, and reporting of results to improve the overall operational and quality assurance effectiveness of FFD.
This work will be performed at the Pentagon, Mark Center, and nearby DoD satellite locations if necessary. Travel to other government or contractor facilities may be required, in support of program related meetings, etc. This position is subject to a mandatory background investigation for up to a Secret security clearance. Candidates must either possess a current active clearance or be qualified to receive and maintain a position of public trust. U.S. citizenship is required.
QA, CPI, and/or risk management plan samples may be requested for candidates to be considered for this position.
- Serve as recognized authority across multiple areas of expertise and multiple QA and CPI methodologies (i.e. Service Development and Delivery Process (SDDP)).
- Provide leadership at the highest technical, programmatic, and organizational levels; advise at the equivalent of very senior level enterprise leadership and provide expert facilitation and mentorship for major, complex enterprise initiatives.
- Design, input, prepare, and maintain the quality assurance program in support of major business transformation initiatives.
- Provide expertise in risk management and continuous process improvement to support the overall quality control program.
- Maintain quality assurance/continuous process improvement program policies.
- Conduct, prepare, and submit quality vulnerability assessment reports.
- Provide quality assurance, continuous process improvement, and risk management strategies and deliver supporting materials and presentations; maintain electronic catalogue of presentations/upload to SharePoint.
- Continuously refine QA objectives, fine tune QA reports and FFD-wide metrics.
- Develop QA reports and metrics starting with corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Conduct risk vulnerability assessments.
- Deliver weekly quality assurance and continuous process improvement status reports.
- Complete required training.
- Attend internal and external meetings, providing regular updates on quality assurance and continuous process improvement issues and concerns.
- Draft correspondence, gather data, document process maps, and draft presentations.
- Develop and deliver CPI/risk management training and maintain training materials.
- Collect, extract, compile, and analyze data in support of assigned projects.
- Document and submit travel plans and trip summary reports as required. (Travel to support QA/CPI/risk management activities and audits may be required, including two separate conferences.)
- Extensive risk management and quality assurance experience; experience with Department of Defense risk management and quality assurance preferred
- Over 13 years of progressive experience in high-level technical and organizational support services
- Master's degree with relevant quality assurance, risk management, and continuous process improvement experience or Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience within WHS/FFD or similar government organizations
- Certificates in quality assurance/risk management programming/project management a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with Project Management Institute (PMI) and Six Sigma standards
- Membership in the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Experience with producing client-ready deliverables, analyzing multiple streams of data, and building and maintaining a comprehensive quality assurance program
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Possession of excellent leadership, facilitation, critical thinking, analytical, quantitative, and data gathering skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate with clients, colleagues, and partners
- Ability to navigate congressional inquiries, specific government requirements, policies, and restrictions
- Expertise in working with various levels of clients and partner agencies to collect content, develop reports/materials, and obtain buy-in/approvals
- Well versed in risk management and quality assurance best practices and able to provide thoughtful and relevant advice on tactics
- Ability to think autonomously and take initiative
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:15:01 PDT