Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security/Information Assurance Engineer responsible for security processes and implementation supporting the entire Intelligence Community on a new 10-year contract. SCI clearance with current SSBI is mandatory. Multiple positions are available.
Performance in one or more areas of information security compliance, risk management, security engineering, system certification, IT operations security, and incident response, product assessment, enterprise security engineering, secure systems management, insider threat analysis and protection, cyber situation awareness, attack sensing and warning, secure wireless networking and mobile computing, hardening Windows operating systems, secure workstations, secure data management, secure web technology, and secure protocols, authentication.
Deliver expertise in dealing with changes caused by internal and external factors and in developing solutions and recommendations for issues caused by threat and technology changes
Act as trusted advisor to senior leadership with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic direction in leading activities in support of team and enterprise objectives.
Provide professional knowledge and experience of information systems security policies and practices.
Develop security architectures, and engineering system specifications.
Conduct strategic planning and recommend implementation strategies.
This position is a challenging role in a multi-contractor team supporting a fast moving program for multiple customers and/or projects. In this role, you will execute tasks and support for the development teams on various projects. This task requires expertise in Information Assurance--you need to be the go-to person. Establishing a track record of reliability and trust with team members and security stakeholders is crucial. As part of the LP3 team, occasional consulting on other projects as well as RFI and proposal support are also required.
Key success attributes:
- Strong network and host security background in Windows
- Hyper-V, SCCM, WSUS, and patching experience
- Outstanding communication skills including verbal and written; Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio, Project, and other tools to communicate with peers and customers at all technical levels
- Scanning systems and assisting the team in remediating vulnerabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in government and contractor teams
- Ability to plan, design, and implement secure solutions supporting mission essential requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate and advocate key security requirements to the development team
- Experience ensuring systems comply with key government security requirements and demonstrate that through verification testing with government security stakeholders
The ideal person for this role is flexible, experienced, technically capable, self-motivated, and can effectively influence others to deliver the right solution for the customer. Creativity, personal backbone, and IT security experience are required. Information Assurance experience is required to be successful in this position. A mix of professional relationship skills and technical skills are required in this role. It will be an interesting mix of tasks from day-to-day.
Occasional, 2-7 day trips to other CONUS customer facilities may be required 2-3 times per year.
- SCI clearance with current SSBI
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53/ICD-503, DIACAP, or DODIIS security requirements
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a technical field
- 3+ years experience in Information Assurance positions
- Experience working on and supporting classified networks
- Experience with system hardening
- Experience working in a team environment on similar tasks
- IT security training
- DoD 8570 certification (like CISSP or Security+)
Strongly desired qualifications/skills:
- Strong Windows administration and hardening experience
- Exchange administration experience
- Sharepoint experience
- Network LAN administration experience
- XACTA experience
- Virtual host experience with VMWare or Hyper-V
- Security architecture, engineering, and A&A experience
- Experience with System Security Plans
- Experience with Retina and other scanning tools
- IT certifications--managerial or technical certifications such as PMP, CISSP, RHCE, CCIE, SANS, Security+, etc.
This position is offered by LP3. LP3 is an innovative small company delivering Information Assurance consulting expertise to DoD and IC customers. LP3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire VETS!
LP3 is an innovative small company delivering Information Assurance consulting expertise to DoD and IC customers. LP3 is a proven leader in cyber security services nationwide, providing our customers with solutions tailored to meet rapidly evolving IT and cyber security needs. Our depth of knowledge and experience gained protecting our Nation's IT infrastructure over the past decade allows us to offer the highest caliber of IT and security services to our corporate clients. At LP3, we consider our people our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters growth, respect, and integrity. As an employee of LP3, you will be empowered to contribute and make a difference on day one.
Sat, 22 Jul 2017 13:06:50 PDT