Electronic Health Records / Application Support Specialist
The Application Support Specialist provides assistance related to the support of practice management, electronic health record and other clinical informatics applications and software. Responsible for system updates and on-going staff training for health center and administration monitors data entry and system reports to identify training needs. This position assists in the formulation of procedures and best practices for end-users.
- Associates, bachelor's degree, or completion of certification program with 2 years of health care experience or 3 years of experience in a health care environment or Associates, Bachelors or completion of certification program in computer sciences, technology or similar.
- Prior experience with set up and configuration of EPM/EHR or other clinical informatics applications preferred
- Knowledge of clinical workflows and billing processes in an ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of HIPPA and related privacy/confidentiality laws and regulations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem solving techniques
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare
- Understands how accreditation standards, regulatory agencies, funding, and competitive environment drives change within the organization.
- Willingness to learn a broad spectrum of healthcare technology and participate on a team driven toward innovation.
- Ability to read, write and understand English in a business setting; strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the following Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel often
- Valid California Driver's license, proof of insurance and personal transportation
- Provides technical support to health center staff on application issues.
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes requests for assistance from users experiencing problems.
- Logs and tracks requests using help desk software, maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up of application issues; referring more complex problems to Project Leader or other designated management staff.
- Monitors data entry and system reports to identify training needs or workflow/configuration changes needed.
- Assists with the completion of statistical reports.
- Conducts application training as needed including planning initial training on software and performs any on-going training as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring reports for trends in data entry errors or billing errors.
- Communicates any trends identified to the Project Leader.
- Analyze and provide support on the various clinical and non-clinical applications used throughout the organizations; manage user accounts, passwords and permissions, provide basic solutions for clinical applications
- Set up, configure, and troubleshoot application issues.
- Assess workflows, recommend solutions, and assist with system configuration as needed.
- Develop training materials for use by end-users
- Submit and manage support tickets to application software customer support cases; prioritize, track and resolve user problems and requests with a sense of urgency.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for applications.
- Maintain data privacy and confidentiality
- Set up and configuration of reports for various departments including Finance, Quality and Operations.
- Provide on-site, phone support and issues triage/resolution
- May be required to act as the "resident expert" for a specific application
- Report project status updates to Project Leader
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to exercise professional judgment involving access to privileged information
- Ability to orient new employees on the computer systems policies and procedure
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to use problem identification and solution skills.
- Ability to present training in an organized and understandable manner
- Working knowledge of project management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and follow-through on tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to vendors, contractors, and staff. Must have vision that is adequate to read memos, a standard computer screen, personnel forms, and clinical and administrative documents. Must have high level of manual dexterity. Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn, have full use of fingers and touch sensitivity. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push up to 100 pounds on wheels.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work performed in office and/or clinic environment. May require travel to health center sites or trainings outside of organization's community. Involves frequent contact with staff and clients. Work may be very fast paced and high pressure. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Position may rotate afterhours and weekend call duty and may be required to respond to phone calls or report to clinic or administration locations within established timeframes.
Community Medical Centers, Inc. is a Joint Commission accredited Federally Qualified Health Center that provides culturally sensitive health care to the communitys poor and medically under-served. For more than 40 years, CMC has brought doctors, basic health services and medical facilities into the community to serve those who need us the most. Health Centers serve the working poor, the uninsured, farm workers, homeless persons and other vulnerable populations.
Sat, 22 Jul 2017 08:57:26 PDT