Production Shift Manager
Shift: 3rd Shift (Must be flexible)
Salary: $60K-$65k (DOE)
The general function of the Production Shift Manager is to supervise the Production Supervisors to assure that production is executed in a safe, efficient manner in order to provide the highest quality product to our customers. Ultimately this position is completely accountable for the actions and results that occur under his or her supervision. The Production Manager is the assigned alternate in case of the absence of the Production Shift Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all aspects of production efficiency
- Coordinate work schedules of department personnel to ensure productivity
- Ensure that employees work in accordance with safety policy
- Conduct accident investigation and complete required reports
- In case of off shift; will be "acting" manager for other departments
- Coordinate all training for area and /or departments.
- Train new supervisors
- Assist in development and training of department employees
- Ability to resolve (troubleshoot) problems as they occur
- Bring forth new ideas regarding improvements such as modifying processes with new equipment or job procedures or to better ensure safety
- Promote and implement company policy and philosophy
- Ongoing focus on reduction of waste and yield increase
- Assure product quality based on company and customer standards
- Assure all productivity within the department
- Verify time cards records/reports for accuracy
- Complete employee attendance reports for submission to the HR Dept.
- Conduct employee Performance Evaluations annually and 30/60/90 day for new hires
- Complete all shift reports and ensure employees complete accurate required reports
- Uphold all Safety and Quality standards set forth by the company
- Familiarity with Labor Laws, Food Safety, and Sanitation standards related to food safety
- Must comprehend basic cost structure related to production and labor (direct and indirect)
- Communicate with other departments and managers regarding issues that occur from shift to shift.
- Lead the workforce by example
- Inspect production lines and complete work orders for equipment as needed
- Review supervisors shift reports on a daily basis and recommend changes to management
- Communicate and train supervisors regarding MCN, new job procedures, customer complaints, safety exposure.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- May perform additional tasks as needed
Physical Demands & (PPE):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Stand sit and walk most of the day
- Twisting, turning, kneeling, stooping and bending most of the day
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Walk on uneven ground and wet or slippery floors
- Exposure to spices (allergens) including but not limited to soy and wheat
- Exposure to high noise levels and high heat environment
- PPE - Slip resistant shoes, hair and beard net, safety glasses and ear plugs are required in the manufacturing work areas, gloves are recommended.
- Minimum 5 year's supervisory experience
- 2 year college degree
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English required
- Must be able to generate company documents as well as maintain all existing documents
- Must be able to rotate shifts as needed including weekends
- Quality Control Experience a plus
- Must be able to multitask and work in adverse conditions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Some knowledge of manufacturing equipment
- Must have Sanitation and Food Safety experience pertaining to food manufacturing
Anita's Mexican Foods, Corp. is a leading west coast co-packer of organic corn based snacks. We also offer a variety of whole grain, whole wheat, multigrain, and all natural flour tortillas and flavored wraps.
San Bernardino, CA
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 10:04:00 PDT