PLANT QUALITY ENGINEER
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Quality Assurance, ISO/TS/VDA Quality Systems, APQP, Product Engineering, Program Management
Senior leader and Management representative of the company quality assurance system. Implements and audits effectiveness of manufacturing processes and procedures to ensure continuous production of STAMPED AND WELDED AUTOMOVE products that meet our customer Quality requirements. Creates an operational culture of team member engagement to prevent or eliminate outflow of defects by performing the following job functions either personally or through company Quality team members.
- As the Quality Operating Systems (QOS) Representative, direct the organization in maintaining TS16949 certification and compliance with TS16949, ISO 14001 and VDA Customer Specific requirements.
- Responsible for relationship development with customers and resolution of customer complaints by acting as expeditiously as possible and ensuring that effective countermeasures are implemented.
- Responsible for inspection and testing activities related to quality and reliability. Develops and analyzes statistical data to determine whether quality standards are being maintained.
- Works with operational teams, engineering and other functional groups with development and implementation of initial and/or modified quality control procedures - including the assignment of responsibility and authority needed to maintain company quality objectives.
- Responsible for the Quality functions pertaining to APQP, PPAP, Control Plan Methods, and New Model Launch activities.
- Manages Supplier Quality and provides oversight for Supplier Development - including both initial product launches, testing and routine incoming inspection efforts.
- Communicates the quality goal planning process to direct reports and other functional areas and follows up in weekly team meetings
- Promotes and engages in the principles of employee involvement, team building, and continuous improvement. Foster's a positive attitude towards company goals and actively coaches and supports team members while encouraging personal development, growth, and improvement.
- Directly supervises up to eighteen (10) subordinates in the Quality Department. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with company policies. This may include interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum ten years quality management experience (5 years direct automotive required).
- Technical knowledge of quality management systems, VDA auditing, quality systems development, TS16949 certification, APQP, SPC, and Lean Manufacturing principles/techniques.
- Possess any of the following certifications: CQM, CQE or CQA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and have the ability to build teamwork and cooperation among the work group and within the employee base.
- Ability to take a leadership role within the plant, possess a strong work ethics, is capable of multi-tasking, and be an innovative self-starter who works well under pressure.
- Strong presentation skills, as well as analytical/problem-solving capabilities, and demonstrated computer software skills are required.
- Ability to travel potentially overnight as required is necessary.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or Technology. A combination of related education and progressive working experience may be considered.
E&E Manufacturing of TN, LLC is a partner to our automotive customers providing quality stamped body and welded structural components within a globally competitive market. With press capacities up to 2500 tons, our large flexible press lines offer transfer, progressive, blank de-stacking, and in-line shearing capability. Our core business is transfer tool upper body structure parts and complex progressive high strength steel stamping.
E&E is headquartered in Plymouth, MI where throughout our long history we have earned a reputation of outstanding service to our customers within a culture of continuous improvement and a can-do attitude on every project we engage in.
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 07:36:33 PDT