Traveling Construction Project Superintendent
Olympian Construction Company, LLC - Hendersonville, TN
Construction Project Superintendent
Reports to: Construction Project Manager
Olympian Construction is looking for a full time onsite Construction Project Superintendent (CPS) to oversee the day-to-day jobsite operations of commercial construction projects. The CPS will supervise construction projects from the permitting stage through final punch list completion. Projects range in size from $400K commercial remodels up to $2M ground up construction.
Project locations are in the states of TN, KY, AL, GA, MS, SC, NC and AR. Project durations range from 2 months to 5 months. The CPS coordinates all site construction activities including the supervision of all construction personnel, materials, and equipment; ensures that plans and specifications are being followed, ensures work is proceeding on schedule and within budget; ensures work is being conducted in a safe and professional manner; successfully completes the project on schedule and within budget.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the Construction Project Manager throughout the project.
- Accurately and timely prepare daily and weekly reports and field documentation.
- Work with Project Manager on obtaining all requirements of the local jurisdiction to obtain required permits and final approval or certificate of occupancy prior to completion date.
- Schedule and attend municipal inspections.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Manage multiple subcontractors and vendors across several trades to assure that specifications are met.
- Create punch lists for subcontractors.
- Oversee, conduct, and document weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors as necessary.
- Regularly inspect work being performed on the project to ensure quality is being achieved.
- Manage construction scheduling on a tight timeline and meet accelerated schedule deadlines.
- Coordinate all construction material delivery dates.
- Coordinate and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Must maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Ensure the jobsite is maintained in a clean, safe manner. Rectify any job site hazards immediately.
- Regularly review contract documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings, testing requirements, manufacturer's installation instruction, as-built requirements, close-out requirements, etc.) with team members and subcontractors and to ensure they are being followed
- Enforce company and project policies.
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in commercial construction.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Word and construction software.
- Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and challenges daily.
- Must display strong organizational, written and oral communication skills, well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities and have ability to interact professionally and timely with customers, vendors, management, and other stakeholders.
- Must have a critical eye and an attention to detail.
- Must show proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Should have relevant work experience in commercial construction.
- OSHA 10 and CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred.
- Must pass drug screen, and criminal background check.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience supervising all phases of construction projects.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must be able to read and understand plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Must be available for 100% travel - When stationed away from home, OCC will provide a living per diem and pay to send the CPS home twice a month.
- Construction Superintendent of all phases of construction projects: 3-5 years
- Experience in ground up construction
- Clear understanding and knowledge of site development, grading, surveying & layout, material testing requirements, inspections & code requirements, concrete, Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings, and MP&E practices.
- Experience in big box retail construction preferred.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
Olympian Construction Company is a full-service General Contractor and Construction Manager located in Hendersonville, Tennessee, providing superior construction service at the lowest cost while maintaining the highest quality standards.
Changing the commercial building Skyscape across Tennessee and the nation OCC has been turning the ideas and dreams of its clients into successful realities since 1996. Our General Contracting, Design Build, Construction Management and Pre-Construction services experience includes hotels, shopping centers, office space, medical offices, banks, industrial facilities, restaurants, historic buildings, and warehouse space. Licensed in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee, Olympian's exceptional reputation is built on leadership, creative solutions and teamwork.
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:27:55 PDT