Faculty, Associate Degree Nursing
General Statement of Job
To instruct students in accordance with College policies and procedures. Serves as full time faculty member in the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Location As assigned.
Note: Eastview Campus, Round Rock Campus or Clinical Education Center. May vary by semester based on program need. Hours Varies based on assignment. Evenings and Weekends may be included. Salary Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale. FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Department Chair, Associate Degree Nursing Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Creativity and innovation in the field, and service in the profession and/or community.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, organizational skills, and managing in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively assist and assess student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours.
- Maintaining and established schedule, including days, evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations, which may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated commitment to Associate Degree Nursing education.
- Manage data using technology and implement the use of technology in nursing.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, interactive video and on-line format technology, classroom, clinical, lab, or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software systems.
Required Work Experience
- Three years work experience as a registered nurse in a medical-surgical clinical setting.
Preferred Work Experience
- Two years effective community college experience at the Associate degree Nursing level.
- Previous clinical simulation experience and other health related technology.
- In accordance with SACSCOC accreditation requirements: Master's of Science in Nursing. SACSCOC requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at http://www.austincc.edu/faculty/credentials/.
- PhD in Nursing.
- Current Texas Registered Nurse License, without stipulations, or eligibility for licensure.
- Ability to communicate with students.
- Instruction takes place in classroom, clinical, and lab settings.
- Manual dexterity, and ability to lift and move 30 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.