Computational Climate Data Scientist
Open date: July 21st, 2017
Last review date: August 15th, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: September 22nd, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Climate and Scientific Computing group in the Department of Earth
System Science at UC Irvine is searching for a
full-time Specialist position with a computational data scientist
enthusiastic to apply advanced computing techniques to global
environmental problems. We develop software to analyze in situ,
satellite-retrieved, and modeled geophysical data. The candidate will
help: Design and implement modular data post-processing software in
a C/Python/GitHub environment, maintain and extend geospatial features
of the netCDF Operators (NCO, nco.sf.net). Science application areas
include polar climatology from AWS data and sea-ice modeling, spatial
regridding, and aerosol-induced light pollution.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now