EDUCATION COMMONS LIBRARIAN
Duties: The University of Pennsylvania Libraries' Teaching, Research, and Learning Services (TRL) directorate seeks an energetic and innovative individual to direct the Penn Libraries' Education Commons (EC). As the lead coordinator of the EC and a key member of the Weigle Information Commons (WIC), the Education Commons Librarian will oversee the day-to-day operations including coordinating instructional programming and assistance services to Penn students, managing student staffing and EC 3D printing services, serving as a liaison to areas of the Penn community, and participating in TRL initiatives. The person in this role will report to the WIC Managing Librarian and will assist in evaluating, assessing, and reporting on library-wide instructional offerings and research support. The EC Librarian is a key position that will help strengthen the Commons as a hub for student collaboration and engagement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Working with the Managing Librarian of WIC to coordinate Penn Libraries' instructional offerings and research consultations across all liaison and library directorates.
2. Assisting the Managing Librarian of WIC with daily operations of library Commons spaces as lead coordinator for the EC.
3. Coordinating Commons instructional offerings and student assistance services.
4. Serving as a liaison to an academic department, program, center, or campus entity.
*This is a one year term position with a possible one year extension
Qualifications: * ALA-accredited Master's Degree in Library or Information Science or an advanced degree in an appropriate subject discipline with relevant training.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Basic familiarity with one or more of the following software packages for statistical, geospatial, and/or qualitative analysis: SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, ArcGIS, Atlas.ti, NVivo.
* Ability to work harmoniously and as a team player, thrive in a team-based environment, and skill in fostering teamwork among others.
* Ability to get to work reliably and on time and to be present in the workplace during normal working hours.
* Commitment to personal professional growth and learning.
* Experience working in an academic research library
* Commitment to and experience working with diverse populations.
Reference Number: 50-26383
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Weiss Pavilion Information Commons
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: N-Museum/Library/Archival