Senior Assistant to the Chair
Working Title: Senior Assistant to the Chair
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Orthopaedic Hand Surgery Division
Posting Date: 07-21-2017
The department of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking a Senior Assistant to the Chair.
This position provides administrative assistance in all aspects of Department Chair activities, including prioritizing complex issues and maintaining strict confidentiality. The incumbent performs advanced administrative and office support duties at the highest level and works on financial management of Chair expenditures. The Senior Assistant also performs limited medical support duties tied to the Chair's and Vice Chair's clinical schedules.
The physical location for this position is at 400 Ray C. Hunt Dr. with onsite parking. This position is restricted and contingent upon continued funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Meticulous attention to detail.
4. Ability to demonstrate initiative and apply both critical thinking skills and analytical thought processes to interpret faculty members' needs and respond accordingly.
5. Ability to work as a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
6. Demonstrated ability to create, compose and edit written materials, maintain calendars, prioritize responsibilities in order to meet competing deadlines and apply problem solving techniques to analyze and resolve complex situation.
7. Ability to multi-task in a demanding and complex environment.
8. Possess excellent customer service skills.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82350