"In the past two years, I've become the person I used to go to for advice" - Optimal Engineer.
For the past 25 years, Optimal Networks has been building a culture that even Forbes Magazine thinks is a little... unconventional. With nearly a decade's worth of Workplace Excellence Awards under our belt, and a top ethics award to boot, we take our people and our environment to heart.
It boils down to this: a team that is happy and engaged is going to provide its clients with the absolute highest level of service. We're about helping people in the best possible way, and delivering the kind of support that our competitors wish they could match.
And, thanks to the support of our client services team, sales team, and remote helpdesk team, that's exactly what you'll be able to focus on as an Optimal Network Engineer; you'll take ownership of your clients' technology systems, deliver white-glove support, and not have to worry about the administrative pieces of the puzzle.
You will join an elite team of engineers who are serving our nearly 200 clients in the DC Metro area and beyond. You'll serve as the primary liaison to a dedicated subset of our clients, and will help them solve business problems with your expert technology guidance.
No two clients are alike, which means you'll have your hands in different environments, different technologies, and different atmospheres on a day-to-day basis.
You'll have our full suite of managed and cloud services (and the rest of our team) at your disposal, and the freedom to advise your clients as you see fit. As our technologies and your clients' technologies continue advance, so too will your own skills.
- Quickly and accurately identifying client needs, and seeing the appropriate solution through from design to completion.
- Serving as an expert resource to our clients, and to our internal staff for various tasks and projects.
- Mastering a wide range of network environments, and continuing to expand your skillset as the technology landscape evolves.
- BS/BA degree and 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills. Excellent at communicating in a way that makes sense to non-technical people (face-to-face and written).
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows Server products 2008 and 2012, Exchange 2007 and 2010, backup systems, email systems, virus protection, desktop operating systems, contact management, and similar technologies critical to business operations.
- Detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of IP protocols, firewalls, and routers.
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting routers, hubs, and switches.
- Experience with VMWare, MCSE, SonicWALL, Citrix, CCNA, CCNE, Apple, or Linux.
What We Offer
- Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, transit parking, PTO, a laptop, and tuition reimbursement.
- We'll provide certification and training opportunities, including certification testing reimbursement.
- We'll trust you to be on the front lines of our company's service delivery, and your time will be valued.
- You'll join a corporate culture that gets you events like this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPakytp-Ako&feature=youtu.be
Candidates living outside the Washington D.C. metro need not apply. Optimal Networks does not provided Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 10:01:45 PDT