Long Term Substitute Kindergarten Teacher for Listening and Spoken Language
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-21-2017
Metcalf Laboratory School is a service unit of the College of Education of Illinois State University. It offers a comprehensive program of instruction for 400+ students in grades PreK-8. Metcalf is a caring community of life-long learners. Its mission is to act as a model for educational methods and theory in support of the preparation of future educators, conduct educational research, offer quality educational programs for children, and disseminate information to others in the educational profession.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Education, Specialist in DHH
2. Professional Educator License
3. Substitute Teacher License
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. LSLS Cert. AVEd
2. Experience in a LSL classroom
3. 1-3 years teaching experience
4. Experience in using, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment (Cis, BAHAs, FM Systems, and hearing aids)
5. Experience with CASLLS and TASL diagnostic assessments and implementation of services based upon the data collected
6. Demonstrated leadership and innovation and will uphold the Metcalf tradition of linking theory and practice.
7. Expectation for collaboration with Illinois State University students, staff, administration and parents to best meet the needs of students.
8. Must be child-centered, able to differentiate instruction and able to apply promising practices in curriculum and instruction.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.