JOB NO.: 91467-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Communications, Editing, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Information Systems/Technology, Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91467-AS
Working Title: Marketing Specialist
Official Title: SR MARKETING SPEC(S74BN) or MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN)
Hiring Department: A063940-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/COMMUNICATIONS
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $50,000 Maximum $69,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, advertising, communications or public relations. (Minimum 7 years required for senior level.)
* Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal and group presentation) and demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts to a wide audience.
* Demonstrated experience in creating, writing and implementing marketing communications plans.
* Demonstrated experience in writing and publishing for a variety of media channels, such as web, e-news, social media, video (script-writing), and print publications.
* Ability to handle diverse work settings and to work effectively with both senior and junior staff.
* Comfortable user of information technology tools including list serves, web editing (WordPress), project scheduling systems, social media, and/or time accounting systems.
* Experience in a client-based setting, promoting client products/services or handling client communication needs.
* Familiarity with an academic environment, including personal interaction with faculty, students and staff.
* Knowledge of, and experience with, content strategy, user interface/user experience best practices and methods, and web accessibility best practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt and be flexible as needed.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison, all UW campuses, the UW System, and other agencies, employing approximately 900 people and operating with a budget of $110 million.
The Marketing Specialist position within DoIT Communications works on a wide range of multi-faceted marketing communications support for DoIT, the UW-Madison Chief Information Officer (CIO), and UW System. Specific responsibilities include working with managers and service team leads to develop and implement marketing strategies and communications plans to inform and promote the services offered by DoIT, the CIO and UW System. The Marketing Specialist will work within a team of other marketing specialists, digital graphic designers, web designers, user experience consultants and content strategist to address the varied and complex marketing and communications needs of a large central higher education IT division.
DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter must include your experience with creating and implementing marketing communications plans, and writing for a variety of publications or news/media outlets. Within your cover letter, please also address your market research experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 21 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 20 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time