Family Medicine - 300690
The Department of Family Medicine/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine is a multifaceted, interdisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare providers and researchers who are committed to providing excellence in clinical care, primary care education, and research. Through innovative curricular designs, early clinical experiences, and mentorship, the Department is focused on producing highly competent, caring, and compassionate Family Medicine physicians, helping reduce the shortage of primary care physicians in our Texas communities.
UNT Health is seeking to hire a Medical Assistant for the Family Medicine Seminary Clinic. The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring all patient care duties are completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner in accordance with office nursing standards of care, JCAHO, and University policies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensures Patient Flow
* Takes Vital Signs
* Determines Allergy Status
* Administers Immunizations
* Assists in Procedures
* Obtains Lab Specimens As Ordered (Blood or Urine)
* Completes Lab Slips
* Monitors Lab Results
* Assists Front Desk With Patient Check-In
* Administers Medications
* Maintains a Safe Environment For Patients and Other Staff
* Demonstrates understanding of appropriate infection control techniques.
* Ensures safe environment for patients and staff.
* Maintains supplies required for functioning of clinic.
* Accomplishes managed care or insurance referrals, prescription refills and prompt return of patient phone calls.
* Maintains patient medical records
* Maintains sample medications and vaccine.
* Accomplishes telephone triage and patient triage.
* Maintains organized work space.
* Maintains appropriate work behaviors.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking skills are preferred but not required. * Knowledge/experience with electronic medical records helpful.
* Maintain infection/quality care standards at all times.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled