Clinical Trial Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension
Clinical Trials Coordinator (Professional Research Assistant)
Position #603311 - Requisition 10378
The Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension has an opening for a part-time, unclassified Clinical Trials Coordinator (Professional Research Assistant) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Clinical Trials Coordinator (Professional research assistant) will help coordinate various
research projects and clinical trials for the Renal Clinical Trial Office.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Collaborating with principal investigators, co-investigators to enroll clinical trial patients
- Preparing and submitting compliance documentation for the institutional review board
- Screening, consenting and enrolling study participants
- Collecting, processing and storing samples for research
- Conducting study visits
- Medication compliance tracking and coordinating protocol procedures
- Assessment of adverse drug reactions and other serious adverse events
- Patient education and follow-up
- Routine meetings with monitors to reconcile data management issues
- Overall compliance with the policy and procedures for conducting good clinical trials
- Abstracting data from patient charts and electronic medical records
- Performing data entry into research databases
- Ability to communicate effectively with people and other employees
- Possess excellent organization and analytical skills
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelors of Nursing Degree (BSN) or 2 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in clinical trials research and in research laboratory
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10378
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20224 - SOM-MED-Renal General
Posting Date: Jul 21, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Betsy Pike
Posting Contact Email: Betsy.Pike@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00603311