Salary: $41,300 - $49,300
Title: MESA Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Engineering - Dean's Office
Date Posted: 07/21/2017
Position Information: Under the direction of the MESA Program Director, assist and support the MESA Director with planning, implementing and assessing programs and services which support the statewide and local MESA directives. Incumbent manages the academic advising portion of the program, while leading event coordination efforts. Assists with general office duties as needed. **This position is subject to continued funding**
Minimum Requirements: Basic knowledge of high school graduation and college entrance requirements.
Basic knowledge working with a diverse student population, and sensitivity to culture, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
Basic knowledge of higher education institutions (UC, CSU, CC, etc.), and the ability to explain procedures to youth, parents, and school representatives.
Basic knowledge of academic programs, including curricula and admissions requirements at higher education institutions.
Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with school district administrators, school counselors, principals, teachers, and community contacts.
Basic knowledge and understanding of K-14 education.
Experience coordinating and/or actively participating in large-scale events and/or activities
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of MESA Program and/or other like outreach and student development programs.
Knowledge of UC/UCOP administrative policies and procedures.
Experience coordinating and/or actively participating in large-scale MESA and/or STEM events, activities and programming.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview