Financial Analyst (Two Openings)
8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $89,200
As part of the Planning and Budget team, the Financial Analyst will provide value by conducting analyses and financial reviews while collaborating with the team to problem solve and answer challenging questions related to the overall division goals. These goals include ensuring that all of UC Riverside's assets and resources are efficiently and effectively distributed and utilized to their highest and best use to move campus objectives forward. The Financial Analyst will also prepare reports and presentations for executive leadership and work on developing new effective and transparent frameworks and/or templates to communicate UCR's way of operating. The Financial Analyst will participate in both day-to-day and special project activities in support of campus leadership campus-wide projects. The Financial Analyst will provide data, perform analysis and transact with other Planning and Budget units, including Capital Asset Strategies and Institutional Research, and other campus partners. The Financial Analyst will review work streams with responsibility for finding ways to improve and streamline current financial management practices. The Financial Analyst will engage actively with other Planning and Budget colleagues on a variety of integrated planning teams and participate fully in budget and capital asset management processes and procedures. Applicants will be required to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Demonstrated ability to manipulate a high volume of complex data.
Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Demonstrated knowledge of capital debt management practices, fund accounting in higher education, and capital project review and approval processes.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview