MSSQL Database Administrator
8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $125,500
The MSSQL Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of campus enterprise applications. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server cluster, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
Broad knowledge of the IT environment.
Skills necessary to develop procedures and standards relating to database management systems.
Knowledgeable about professional approaches and relevant standards and technology for management of unstructured data such as text and images.
Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks. Ability to work independently on complex technical projects as well as on a team of technical professionals and relevant decision-makers.
Advanced database querying and modeling skills working with moderately complex databases.
Knowledge relating to capacity planning and interface specifications.
Strong security skills for protecting the operating system, software, data and hardware. Technical skills to develop, implement and test disaster recovery functions using backup technologies.
Advanced knowledge of database management systems and standards.
Has effective written/verbal communication skills.
Demonstrates interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, service orientation, active listening, effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
Knowledge of conceptual database design.
Knowledge of test software code in client server environment.
Skills associated with implementing database enhancements that improve performance and reliability of the system at the software, hardware and operating system level.
Demonstrates reasoning and ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making; problem identification and resolution; identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance through application configuration and programming techniques.
Demonstrated knowledge archictecting, building and managing Microsoft SQL Server clusters in a highly available, fault-tolerant configuration running on a virtualized platform such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
Demonstrated knowledge performing based Windows systems administration tasks.
Familiarity with power shell or other scripting languages.
Familiarity with other RDBMS platforms such as Oracle.
Familiarity with MVC programming frameworks such as Grails, .NET, Java Spring/Hibernate, etc.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview