Standardized Patient Educator
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $76,500
UC Riverside's School of Medicine Standardized Patient Educator will provide clinical, educational and technical expertise in the development, implementation and evaluation of simulation based activities for Clinical Skills I & II, Doctoring I & II, MS3 OSCEs, MS4 Back to Basics and Resident Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs). The Standardized Patient (SP) Educator will be responsible for working under the direction of the SP Director with faculty, students, staff, and external stakeholders to ensure the highest quality simulation learning activities are efficiently integrated and implemented across the undergraduate and graduate programs.
Knowledge of educational technology and systems. Ability to troubleshoot and triages related technology issues.
Communication skills; includes verbal, written and active listening. Service oriented and responsive to questions and requests. Ability to interact in a professional, resourceful, and courteous manner.
Investigative, data analysis, and reporting skills. Ability to generate computer reports, checking for errors, correcting and submitting accurate reports. Skills include entering, maintaining, extracting, and analyzing data in electronic systems.
Basic knowledge of administrative analysis and operations research. Acquiring skills in developing and implementing processes and systems. Familiarity with the administrative and operational implications in a program.
Basic knowledge of relevant policies and regulatory requirements. Basic knowledge of health professions education industry.
Excellent organizational skills, analytical, and demonstrated attention to detail. Ability to work with extremely complex faculty calendars/schedules requires extremely well organized and detail oriented precision.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships within department and with learners.
Knowledge of software systems in the completion of work assignments (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills necessary to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and prioritize assignments accordingly.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview