Farm Laborer, Seasonal
50% Part Time
8AM - 5PM
$34,392 - $42,744
Under close supervision, performs unskilled or semi-skilled tasks. Performs operations such as weeding, hoeing, pruning, brush removal, irrigation, and harvesting crops. Responsible for servicing and repair of mini-sprinklers and irrigation lines, recording labor hours; operate simple equipment such as light trucks. May work directly with Principle Investigator(s) (PI) or Staff Research Associate (SRA) on specific projects. Work activities will be directed through supervisor and/or administrator.
This is a long term limited appointment position.
- Demonstrated experience in using various hand, pruning, and gardening tools.
- Demonstrated ability to perform general agricultural work, general greenhouse work, and citrus cultural care; experience in minor mini-sprinkler and irrigation repairs.
- Knowledge of basic tree care, greenhouse care, and irrigation system.
- Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position including the following: - ability to read, write, and speak English; - ability to follow oral and written instructions; - ability to communicate with colleagues and researchers and deal with human relations relating to normal work activities.
- Ability to record labor hours using basic arithmetic calculations in field areas and plot locations of work assignments.
- Ability to work in an outside environment during inclement weather and temperature extremes; daily moving of materials up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Obtain a Blue Card (EPA Pesticide training provided by Department).
- Must possess valid Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation through the Department of Justice.
- Experience working with projects within a research environment.
- High school or college students currently studying botany, plant science, horticulture or allied field.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview