Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Institutional Effectiveness & Planning
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA). The BIA is responsible for supporting the institution's use of data as a strategic asset. The university's technical and information resources must inform analysis and decision-making at the executive level and throughout the university's administrative and academic offices. The BIA plays a critical role in the development of Analysis & Planning organization as the center of excellence for the university's modern business analysis and intelligence platforms. Under the guidance of the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning and in cooperation with key stakeholders throughout the university community, the BIA researches, develops, and executes analyses to meet the university's strategic priorities. The role is responsible for management of contract data analyst and scientist working on behalf of the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the implementation, assessment, and refinement of university strategies through the effective application of business intelligence and data analytics best practices.
• Collaborates in the development of a federated/hybrid (centrally decentralized) data and information services model.
• Leads the management of university-wide reporting Tableau and Amazon Redshift based infrastructure.
• Directs and maintains third party data warehouse and analysis partnerships.
• Partners with key stakeholders to develop business requirements for analytic driven business processes.
• Prioritizes BI efforts in support of the university's identified analysis agenda.
• Provides expertise in designing, developing, and implementing systematic and sustainable BI solutions.
• Plans, designs, and creates reports, cubes, dashboards, and models for executives and other business users to meet strategic and operational needs.
• Develops and maintains templates, training materials and events for university constituents.
• Provides formal training and informal support to campus constituents on the use of university BI tools.
• Ensures that meaningful, appropriate, and accurate data is available to inform university planning efforts.
• Works closely with campus offices and data stewards to create and maintain an authoritative data dictionary for the University.
• Provides collaborative leadership within the university's Data Governance initiatives.
• Creates and shares presentations, position papers, and summary reports as required.
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a business intelligence related operations.
• 3 years higher education experience preferred.
• Experience with cross-functional reporting and analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement data-analytic and technology strategies to support business objectives.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing a large portfolio with many concurrent projects.
• Proficient with Tableau (desktop and server)
• Proficient with data warehouses, data lakes, or similar typography.
• Proficient with database software or cloud solutions (Oracle, MSSQL, or similar).
• Experience with iDataCookbook or similar organizational data management tools.
• Experience with columnar database solutions (Redshift, BigQuery, or similar)
• Experience with statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, or similar).
• Strong oral and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues with different areas and levels of technical expertise.
• Strong communication and organization skills; proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to manage complex projects and tasks with attention to detail; demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
• Successful completion of an employment and criminal history background check is required.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling approximately 4,600 students, the university offers approximately 50 academic programs for undergraduates and seven master's degree programs. The St. Edward's community is diverse and cosmopolitan. Students from more than 50 countries are currently enrolled at the university and St. Edward's partners with 21 universities located in 16 countries around the world. The university is committed to preparing students for success in a 21st century world increasingly shaped by globalization, ubiquitous technology and relentless change. Over the last two decades, the university has doubled its enrollment and invested more than $250 million in new campus facilities. US News & World Report has ranked St. Edward's among the top regional universities in the West for 13 consecutive years. Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage, the university maintains a strong focus on issues of social justice.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an application online at: https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/606529.html
A brief summary of Benefits can be found here. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer, and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.