Enterprise Project Portfolio Manager
Enterprise Project Portfolio Manager
Institutional Effectiveness & Planning
St. Edwards University is seeking an Enterprise Project Portfolio Manager (EPPM) to assist in the development and ongoing operation of an Analysis and Planning Office. The EPPM will provide leadership and management in direct support of critical initiatives, and serve as a collaborative leader to improve the university's approach to project management. This is a critical role for the university, which has numerous complex, resource intensive projects to be completed with a high degree of quality and on time and on/under budget. This role is part of the university's Institutional Effectiveness and Planning Division, and reports to the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaboratively establishes and leads the university's distributed project management structure.
• Develops and maintains governance tools, templates, guidelines, procedures and processes.
• Coordinates a university project intake, prioritization, and evaluation framework that is informed by institutional data.
• Aligns the prioritization process with university projects with the university's annual and strategic plan objectives.
• Develops relationships with stakeholders and executives in order to understand capacity and unique line-of-balance items.
• Leads the selection, implementation, and management of a common university PPM methodology and related technology platforms.
• Provides formal training and support to campus constituents related to project and portfolio management.
• Generates internal and external communication of project management results that influence institutional planning.
• Coordinates university relationships with third party project management organizations.
Portfolio & Project Management
• Establishes, maintains, and provides management reporting using appropriate metrics.
• Ensure effective communication with project sponsors, project managers, functional and resource managers, and other stakeholders.
• Engages key stakeholders to evaluate proposed and ongoing projects based on value, risk, effort, cost and strategic alignment.
• Works with key stakeholders and budget managers to assess and track financial impact of all project work.
• Leads the effective and efficient delivery of the largest and most strategically important programs including scope, schedule, cost, risk, resources, and quality.
• Leverages business & technical understanding to ensure appropriate review and quality validation occurs for deliverables.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in project portfolio management.
• Five years of experience, that involve introducing new technology as well as upgrading existing technology.
• Five Experience with non-IT related projects (i.e. construction, academic programs, organizational change management, etc.)
• Three years of experience in managing portfolios of programs/products.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing a large portfolio with many concurrent projects.
• Significant experience with Project Management Software (i.e. Clarizen, Planview, Primavera, WorkFront, etc.)
• Experience with Agile, Scrum techniques
• Experience facilitating workshops, holding daily standups and performing other PM duties.
• Strong skills in Project Management, Program Management and Process Analysis, and Organizational Change Management
• PMP certification, certification in Agile Methodologies (PMI-ACP or other industry standard certification) are preferred
• Strong organization skills; proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to manage complex projects and tasks with attention to detail; demonstrated ability to effectively
• Strong oral and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with
• Word processing, spreadsheet, and database experience required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Successful completion of an employment and criminal history background check is required.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling approximately 4,600 students, the university offers approximately 50 academic programs for undergraduates and seven master's degree programs. The St. Edward's community is diverse and cosmopolitan. Students from more than 50 countries are currently enrolled at the university and St. Edward's partners with 21 universities located in 16 countries around the world. The university is committed to preparing students for success in a 21st century world increasingly shaped by globalization, ubiquitous technology and relentless change. Over the last two decades, the university has doubled its enrollment and invested more than $250 million in new campus facilities. US News & World Report has ranked St. Edward's among the top regional universities in the West for 13 consecutive years. Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage, the university maintains a strong focus on issues of social justice.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an application online at: https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/606522.html
A brief summary of Benefits can be found here. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer, and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.