Assistant Professor of Management
Dominican University of California is seeking a dynamic individual for a full time, 9 month, tenure-track position to teach courses in Management. The candidate should have an earned doctoral degree (ABDs considered) and an active research agenda. Responsibilities include teaching courses, publishing in high quality journals, mentoring students, and participating in service to the university.
The Barowsky School of Business at Dominican University of California seeks to enhance the professional and personal development of our students through highly personalized and engaged learning experiences.
We currently offer an MBA program in full time and part time formats, and propose to launch a MS program in Health Care Leadership. At the undergraduate level concentrations include accounting, finance, international business, management, and marketing. Minors in business, leadership, and global innovation and entrepreneurship are available. Our small class size, teaching and mentoring philosophy, and core values of study, reflection, community and service create a distinctive experiential learning environment for our students.
- Teach Graduate and Undergraduate courses in one or more of the following areas: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Organizational Development, Small Business Management, and other related areas
- Contribute to the school through scholarly inquiry resulting in publications and service to the university
- Weekend classes will be required as a part of the teaching load
- Competitive candidates will have a doctoral degree from an AACSB-accredited school of business/management
- Prior college level teaching experience with demonstrated effectiveness
- Prefer candidates with a record of publications and/or an active research agenda
- Prior corporate/business work experience is also preferred
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered until position is filled
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Generous benefits package
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
- Currently, this position is to commence January 2018. Promising candidates can negotiate a start date for August 2018.
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter into one PDF document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Jacob Massoud, Associate Professor of Strategic Management and Search Committee Chair Barowsky School of Business
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.