Associate Director MSBA Career Services, UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management
The Associate Director, MSBA Career Services is the primary career services and employment recruiting manager for the Master of Science in Business Analytics. UCLA Anderson's new Master of Science in Business Analytics is a 13-month degree that includes several practical and career focused elements. The degree will require students to complete a paid internship, a practicum project and a will seek job placement for all graduates. This makes the Associate Director of MSBA Career Services a mission critical role.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics will prepare students for a career in business analytics and data science and will be focused initially in three key industry areas, 1)High Technology/Internet, 2) Healthcare and, 3) Entertainment. Students will be seeking employment in these industries, but will not be limited to pursuing opportunities in other industries. An established professional network in one or more of these industries is recommended for the role.
The Associate Director, MSBA Career Services will provide career services and executive coaching for the MSBA students including assisting with developing resumes and cover letters, conducting workshops on interviewing, networking, research, and self-assessment, providing career guidance, feedback and coaching, and developing lifelong career management skills. Develop partnerships and contract services with career-focused outside vendors to support the career management needs of UCLA FEMBA students.
This role will simultaneously include responsibilities in student career services, employment coaching as well as opportunity development and employer relations. This role will also be responsible for arranging and running career events, workshops and efforts to promote the MSBA program to recruiters. Candidate should have experience working with corporate recruiters and be well networked. This will require a specialist with significant experience in higher education career management.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu. Reference UCLA REQ. # 26323
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Extensive work experience in career services for early and mid-career professionals.
- Extensive capabilities to counsel and coach individuals and groups in all aspects for career management.
- Previous experience working with business professionals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to set expectations effectively, follow-up with individuals and organize groups.
- Must be able to ascertain the need, evaluate and manage services provided by third party vendors.
- Demonstrated expertise in networking, marketing and recruiting targeted at professionals.
- Knowledge of career assessment and resources.
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to provide creative solutions for individuals and for the specific needs of MSBA students.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable learning and using applicable technology and software programs.
- Ability to create, research and write reports on employment trends, statistical findings and overview of career services used by students.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and travel on occasion.
- Extensive experience leading and managing professionals.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct