• Deploys the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
• Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users. Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
• Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment. Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth, installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically has at least 5 years of IT work experience.
• Requires a high level of expertise in multiple system environments.
• 6+ years of build or deployment engineering experience
• Cloud experience with Cloud Foundry, Open Stack or AWS is a must.
• Experience developing applications, working with databases, maven, nexus, Jenkins and Java based web service APIs
• Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Strong knowledge of Source Code Control Systems: Subversion, Git/Gerrit
• Linux OS proficiency a plus.
• Familiarity and experience in Java programming technologies on Linux-based platforms
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment practices. AntHill Pro, Hudson/Jenkins or other CI systems a plus
• Software deployment monitoring, automation, build/release and troubleshooting
• Experience with Java application deployment, Cloud instance standup for various environments, Tomcat, environment monitoring, distributed systems like Storm, Spark or NiFi, Big Data like Hbase, Cassandra or Dynamo. Python and other modern scripting languages a plus
• Agile environment
Xavient Information Systems Inc. is a global IT engineering company. Working together with such partners as Oracle and Microsoft, Xavient is able to provide comprehensive solutions to customers with a commitment to industry standards and proven technologies in development and support. Strengths include Datawarehousing Middleware, Java, Microsoft Technologies, ERP, TQA, etc. Xavient offers IT Services and innovative practices that enable business process improvement. We provide world-class software solutions to both Fortune 500 companies and smaller companies that need to better leverage their technology investments.
Sat, 15 Jul 2017 13:36:06 PDT