Senior Drupal Developer / Team Lead
Caxy has been developing projects with the Drupal and Symfony framework for years, and our Drupal team includes a core contributor, two Acquia certified developers, site builders, project managers and junior developers.
All team members at Caxy work closely together to innovate on new technologies and deliver excellent products to our clients. The majority of our work is built on LAMP Stack. With a growing number of our clients becoming interested in Drupal as the framework and CMS of their application, we have an new need for a highly proficient Drupal developer who is ready to lead and support Drupal projects of all sizes.
Proficient to expert in/with the following:
- Drupal 8 - 1+ years experience strongly desired
- Drupal 6/7 - 3+ years experience strongly desired
- Drupal theming - 2+ years of experience strongly desired, including experience with Twig
- PHP - 3+ years experience desired in Drupal module and theme development
Competent at working in/with the following:
- Front-end style guide driven development
- Writing original CSS components
- Composer and Symfony
- Linux or Mac OS X environments
- Version Control Workflows - Git and Github
- Project management - Jira
Nice to have:
- Acquia Certified Developer
- Experience with Acquia and/or Pantehon cloud hosting infrastructure
- Build new custom, often innovative, applications and services for web and mobile in accordance with established success criteria.
- Support and maintain existing client applications and websites.
- Create high quality, well-designed, efficient and testable code in accordance with current industry standards and company best practices guidelines.
- Uphold company established code testing, review, and QA procedures and best practices.
- Gather specifications and product requirements with the support of a Product Owner and/or Project Manager.
- Create and maintain comprehensive product documentation for client deliverables.
- Contribute to estimation, technology choice, architecture and product planning exercises for client deliverables.
- Regularly report on the status of client deliverables to Product Owners and Project Managers.
- Desire and ability to act as a lead developer on projects.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Desired Candidate Qualities
- A passion for Agile development practices, open source values, and beautiful code.
- A constant thirst for the next big thing and a desire to solve problems. We're always looking for innovative ideas and solutions for quandaries new and old.
- A desire for continual learning and professional growth.
- A desire and ability to collaborate with others and work as part of a cross-functional team.
- An ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers.
- An active participant in relevant communities and support networks.
- A desire to share knowledge and help in the growth and development of newer developers.
- Verifiable experience building a Drupal 8 web site or web application.
- Verifiable experience working with APIs.
- Available to work on-site at the Caxy offices during our regular business hours.
- Able to work within a team environment as well as independently as needed.
- Able to demonstrate Drupal skills with personally created modules, code examples, links to issues reported/fixed, etc.
Caxy offers benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, professional development allowance, paid time off, and flextime and work from home allowances.
Caxy is an employer that respects a diversity of educational, work and life experiences. People of any gender, ethnicity or race are encouraged to apply.
Caxy encourages our clients to contribute to open source by releasing software developed as part of projects when possible. Our Github organization shows work we have contributed to and released. Our developers have made contributions to Silex, Drupal and Drupal contributed projects.
We are a team of talented developers who work in cross-functional teams with seasoned project managers, product owners, UX architects, and digital designers. We believe in the importance of our company culture and value the contributions and unique perspectives of each team member.
We're inspired thinkers and dreamers committed to delivering value with every interaction and output. We combine thoughtful user experience, effective communication, engaging design, quality execution, and strong coffee... to create products that our clients and their end-users love. We're on a mission to create digital experiences that tie brand experiences together, and we hope you'll join us.
Thu, 20 Jul 2017 06:11:59 PDT