Student Finance Representative III
The Student Finance Representative III is responsible for reviewing student files, evaluating financial aid applications, awarding and advising students on their eligibility for Title IV funding. Positions assigned to this classification will have a high technical knowledge of financial aid programs and procedures to independently assist students and peers over the phone and via electronic correspondence. The position requires analytical skills and the ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency. In addition, the position requires that all job responsibilities are completed accurately and compliantly in accordance with Title IV regulations.
• Comply with all Federal, State, and institutional policies and procedures. Ability to understand and interpret Title IV regulations. Ensure NLU’s continued compliance as established by accrediting agencies, state entities and current established company targets. Review all student financial aid files for completeness, accuracy and ensure verification requirements are met. Post related award data into student information system to ensure timely and accurate disbursements.
• Calculate award eligibility and certify federal and private student loans. Maintain knowledge of Federal Student Aid and internal University awarding, disbursing, and refund regulations. Maintain and coordinate awarding and student aging reports and actively outreach student to resolve issue. Maintain the University’s administrative requirements for student financial aid and separation of duties. Maintain compliance requirements for state and federal student financial aid. Ability to effectively communicate knowledge gained in training to students and team members
• Review, analyze, and provide solutions to escalated student issues and communicate proposed solutions back to the appropriate party. Identify areas of opportunities to management and work on developing potential solutions. Run and analyze report data and make data driven decisions. Act as point of contact in the absence of supervisor. Mentor and develop new team members. Assist peers in resolving complex student situations
• Ensure ethical and accurate documentation and recordkeeping which meets all company and regulatory agency standards. Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. Participate as an active team member of the Student Finance Office and ensure active communication and cohesive working relationships with all other departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2 years of experience in a financial aid department of an accredited college or university with direct responsibility for processing Title IV activities, programs and funding preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required, coursework in math, business, finance, auditing or accounting preferred.
• Excellent customer service, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Attention to detail.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Ability to meet deadlines and execute multiple priorities.