Construction Project Manager + Estimators
New Construction Project Manager
Developer in California is seeking a Project Manager for a new condominium development project. Talented construction professionals only. The candidate must have new residential, condo and Mixed-Use construction experience. Candidate must have experience in "Type V-A Construction" which is commonly used in construction of newer apartment buildings. The candidate will work closely with the Superintendents and all other Project Managers. In this position you will perform routine daily activities and assists in gathering and distributing information to team members.
You must possess strong written and verbal communications skills and manage your time effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Analyze and resolve field construction issues.
• Prepare, review and distribute RFIs. Maintain RFI Log.
• Maintain project files
• Develop and maintain schedule with Superintendent input.
• Maintain and develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of contracts, subcontracts, plans and specifications (scopes of work) for specific trades assigned.
• Prepare meeting minutes for all job meetings.
• Complete required tasks daily, e.g., purchase orders, work orders, daily paperwork packet and collect Subcontractor daily job reports.
• Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
• Weekly project photos.
• Inspect/verify material deliveries.
• Manage project closeout and obtain all warranties required for final acceptance.
• Maintain punch list with Superintendent input.
• Ensure company procedures and standards are maintained.
• Review subcontractor bids, project plans and proposals, then work with management to develop project objectives.
• Solicit and prepare subcontractor bid packages -- within budget
• Review bid requirements thoroughly
• Develop an understanding on how to fit subs to the size and scope of the project.
• Identify responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project
• Prepare status reports and monitor budgets, contractors and schedules.
• Review drawings with Project Manager and Architect and highlight areas of concern
• Other duties assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent required.
• Must have experience in the following construction Types: Type I-A; Type I-B; Type II-B; Type I-V; Type V-A; Type V-B
• Knowledge of accounting principles and costs control procedure, including but not limited to estimating construction costs, scheduling and purchasing
• Strong background in engineering principles, techniques, and various construction methods and installation procedures
• Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
• Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Must excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must know Microsoft Office products, e.g., Word, Excel and Project.
• Must be self-motivated & punctual.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have exceptional follow-up skills
• Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
CANDIDATE'S MANDATORY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND/OR WORK HISTORY:
1. Mixed Use Buildings
4. Commercial Buildings
5. Excavation for Subterranean Parking and Office Space
6. Grading for Parking Lots, Building Pads and Roads
7. Temporary Shoring
CANDIDATE'S MANDATORY WORK HISTORY AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Senior Project Manager
2. Project Manager
3. Construction Manager
1. Full-time position.
2. Competitive salary range which will be based on experience
3. No relocation assistance is available
1. Masters in Construction Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
3. California General Contractor License (Preferred)
LTD Consulting is a recruitment company that is based in LA and specializes in the Construction and Design industries. We work with a number of developers architectural and construction companies throughout the West Coast. We focus on the direct placement of management positions. Our expertise allows us to place high quality candidates with firms that place them in a position to succeed and become an asset to the company.
Los Angeles, CA
Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:56:57 PDT