Visiting Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001150 Academic Title: Visiting Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration Rank: Assistant Professor Administrative Title: Visiting Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration Discipline Education Specialty: Contract Type: Visiting Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 09/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The George Washington University (GW) Graduate School of Education and Human Development, seeks an outstanding applicant for a visiting, non-tenure-accruing, 1- year fiscal year appointment as a visiting assistant professor in higher education administration beginning as early as the Fall semester 2017. Initial appointment for 1 year with possibility of renewal for 1 additional fiscal year. The position is based at the Foggy Bottom campus, Washington, DC.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The School's Higher Education Administration Program seeks a visiting scholar to
join our faculty in a fast-paced, change oriented and collaborative environment. Faculty are expected to contribute to the scholarship of higher education, teach courses, recruit prospective students, advise masters and doctorate students, and collaborate with local, regional and national partners in extending the experience of students in the program.
- An earned doctorate in higher education administration or related field (i.e.
educational policy, curriculum and instruction, and educational leadership) at the time of application;
- Demonstrated ability or potential to successfully teach graduate level courses evidenced as an instructor of record
- Experience as a mentor of students from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Active participation in scholarly and professional organizations
- Potential for scholarly productivity in the field as evidenced by publications or presentations
How to apply: Please submit your application online. A review of applications will begin on July 20, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications must include:
- cover letter indicating how background and experiences match each qualification,
and an overview of your teaching experiences and research agenda
- a current C.V.
- contact information for three references
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/43777
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an earned doctorate in higher education administration or related field (i.e. educational policy, curriculum and instruction, and educational leadership) at the time of application?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability or potential to successfully teach graduate level courses evidenced as an instructor of record?
- * Do you have experience as a mentor of students from diverse backgrounds and experiences?
- * Do you have active participation in scholarly and professional organizations?
- * Do you have potential for scholarly productivity in the field as evidenced by publications or presentations?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact Information for References
- Other Documents Refer to Special Instructions to Applicants