Professional Research Assistant
Professional Research Assistant (Part-Time)
Department of Otolaryngology
Position Number: 00689257
Nature of Work:
The Department of Otolaryngology in the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado DenverAnschutz Medical Campus has an opening for a part-time Professional Research Assistant position (30 hours per week). Studies involve elucidating signaling pathways and cellular physiology of cells in the peripheral vestibular system.
- Peripheral Vestibular System
- This position will report to Chris Brands, Business Services Program Director.
Example of Work:
- Preparation of solutions and tissue for electrophysiological recordings from hair cells and afferent fibers
- Tissue preparation for immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy
- Rodent handling and maintenance of breeding colony
- Ordering of supplies and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assistant with literature searches and development of protocols and grants
- Data gathering and interpretation.
- Investigating the effects of injury on inner ear cells
- Ion channel immunolocalization
- Working with standard laboratory equipment
- Maintain short term cell cultures and slices.
- Analysis of electrophysiological recordings
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a BS in Biology, Chemistry, Neuroscience or a directly related field is required
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with little direction from the primary investigator
- Excellent communication skills using the English language
- Basic word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint skills
- Comfort working with laboratory animals (mice)
- Attention to detail and ability to keep an accurate laboratory notebook
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Master's degree in related field is preferred.
- Prior experience in immunohistochemistry and/or electrophysiology is highly desired.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10377
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20264 - SOM-Otolaryngology
Posting Date: Jul 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Katie Rennie
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00689257