Salary: $53,700 - $66,800
Title: Health Educator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Student Mental Health
Date Posted: 07/20/2017
Position Information: The Health Educator has functional responsibility for the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of multifaceted, comprehensive, student health and wellness education, promotion, and outreach efforts, focused on physical health. This position is actively involved in supporting student wellness on physical health topics, which may include, but are not limited to: sexual health, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD), nutrition, physical activity, food security, and other potential wellness priorities and initiatives. The Health Educator leads interdepartmental, collaborative programming, outreach, and assessment efforts, and manages a peer health education program. This position is responsible for managing a program budget, staying current on health trends and needs of college students, and researching evidence-based health promotion programs and best practices. The Health Educator will work toward promoting holistic wellness for students campus-wide, and will develop and implement programs in support of specific populations of UC Riverside students, including, but not limited to: student athletes, graduate students, students involved with fraternity and sorority activities, and identified special and underserved student populations. The Health Educator is additionally responsible for assisting with policy development, grant writing, marketing of programs and student engagement, and staff supervision and training.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of the design and delivery of related programs.
Ability to analyze, interpret and respond to client needs.
Thorough knowledge of the health promotion and education field.
Skills associated with both the development and delivery of health education programs and services.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Effective interpersonal skills to interact effectively with diverse client groups.
Effective organizational skills.
Expertise in at least two of the following priority health education topics: alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD), sexual health, nutrition, physical activity, food security.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview