Academic Affairs Analyst
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Academic Affairs Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SOM Finance & Administration
Date Posted: 07/20/2017
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Director of Academic Affairs in the School of Medicine, this position will provide analytical support on academic personnel matters in the School of Medicine. Provide analysis, implementation, evaluation and recommendation of new and existing system wide and local policies, procedures and guidelines for a health science school. Provide coordination of academic recruitment, appointment, and advancement of academic employees. Analyze proposed academic actions to determine potential problems or complications. Serve as a resource to the School's academic leadership, faculty and non-faculty academic appointees. Serve as back up support in all areas to the other Academic Personnel Analysts in the Academic Affairs unit in the School of Medicine.
Minimum Requirements: Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations to Chairs/unit management.
Knowledge of Human Resources Management System and other related business software programs and systems.
Demonstrated organization, problem solving and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of unit academic culture and educational goals of discipline(s) served.
Knowledge of organization, college and departmental formal and informal policies and procedures and understanding of variances to stated policies.
Skill and knowledge in the use of the UCR campus eFile system and AP Recruit system.
Knowledge of University policy and procedures and health sciences salary structures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview