Assistant Coach, Cheerleading (PT)
Assistant Coach, Cheerleading (PT)
Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible to assist in all aspects of the development and administration of a successful Program. This includes promoting the type of sportsmanship that will help students acquire the basic attributes of good citizenship. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College rules, regulations and policies.
The Assistant Coach is a professional employee of the College with a primary duty of teaching and instructing student-athletes in the specific sport that is being coached. The vast majority of the Assistant Coach’s time is spent on coaching/teaching duties, while a minority of the Assistant Coach’s time is spent performing administrative duties. This position is part-time and non-benefit eligible.
- Teach and develop sport-specific skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner;
- Create, present, and maintain records of up-to-date lesson plans for pre-season/season practice drills and procedures detailing the desired goals to be achieved;
- Schedule and attend practice and game preparation sessions;
- Assist in supervising cheerleaders’ at home/away football games, home basketball games, and other home/away activities to which cheerleaders are assigned (on campus events such as Open Houses, etc.).
- Conduct an ongoing recruitment program through a variety of methods, both on and off the court with the goal to attract, select and encourage enrollment of high caliber student-athletes;
- Monitoring weight room activities for safety purposes only, in and out of season.
- Initiate new ideas and methods to improve the program in support of the College goal of a successful conference and attainment of a regional level Intercollegiate Associate ranking relevant to the specific sport;
- Assist the Head Coach with the development of sport specific skills, in a successful, safe and prudent manner.
- Supervise work students and team managers as needed.
- Comply with the sport specific intercollegiate affiliation policy, conference rules, and department policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Must be able to perform Head Coach Duties on an emergency basis.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- Prior experience as a college cheerleader/gymnast and /or one to two years of coaching experience at the club, high school or college level. (Intercollegiate sport specific experience preferred)
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching intercollegiate sports with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to specific sport that is being coached.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and some holidays.
- This position does require the ability for regular physical exertion including heavy lifting (50lbs) and exposure to weather.
- The position also requires the temperament and interpersonal skills to work well with the modes and moods of student-athletes within the stress and tension periods of intercollegiate athletics.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification is preferred.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.