Professional Development Coordinator
Job Title: Professional Development Coordinator
Position Purpose: Maintain compliance with Institute, NACCAS and Department of Education regulations. Create an environment that fosters a positive student experience.
Essential Functions: The duties noted below are considered to be essential job functions for one of the following reasons: performance of duty is why the job exists, failure to perform the duty may have serious consequences, limited number of employees available to perform duty, or the duty requires special skills.
• 70% of time is spent focused on maintaining compliance with Institute, NACCAS and DOE regulations
• 10% of time is spent coaching students on academic, attendance and profession development related topics that directly impact their success at the Institute
• 10% of time is spent making outbound calls to students who are on a leave of absence, exhibiting absenteeism trends, etc
• 10% of time is spent on special projects
Description of Duties: Work in partnership with the Director of Education and Professional Development Manager and Professional Development Counselor to:
• Demonstrate a strong understanding that the spa/salon industry is "high touch," meaning that it requires strong interpersonal skills and attention to the needs of others. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Ability to be both positive and cooperative
o Ability to empathize with others
o Ability to be aware of my impact on others
o Ability to be flexible
o Ability to accept and use feedback from instructors, staff and students
o Ability to motivate myself
o Ability to learn from experience
o Ability to deal with frustration in a constructive manner
o Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
o Ability to express feelings effectively and appropriately
o Ability to take responsibility for myself
o Ability to demonstrate self-knowledge, self-acceptance, and emotional stability
o Ability to demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
• Ensure student State Board and Institute Bank Hours are being documented in a timely and accurate manner.
• Effectively document student leaves of absences, withdrawals, or terminations.
• Ensure accuracy when entering in grades and student hours into system.
• Maintain on-going communication with Director of Education and Professional Development team members to ensure Institute rules/regulations and mission is being adhered to.
o Identify students with difficulty meeting Institute standards.
o Notify Professional Development team of trends with academics and attendance that have a negative impact on a student being in compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards of the Institute.
o Engage in each student's professional development and track student progress.
• Assist professional development team with coaching students on attendance problems or questions.
• Provided assistance to students with documented challenges.
• Assist in the preparation of documents needed for the student re-enrollment process and return to school plans.
• Prepare documents and packets needed for new enrollment orientations.
• Ensure compliance with NACCAS standards and requirements for student retention.
• Achieve a combined retention percentage of 85%.
• Ensure compliance with NACCAS standards and requirements for student State Board pass rates.
• Achieve a 99% state board pass rate for each program.
• Ensure compliance with NACCAS standards and requirements for student placement.
• Achieve a combined placement percentage of 90%.
• Plan and oversee Tips for a Cause Program, enrolling assistance from others as needed.
• Collaborate with school administrators to develop incentive programs that positively reinforce policy adherence.
• Mediate conflict resolution between a student and peer or Institute team member when necessary.
• Participate in and represent the Institute in Aveda and Nurtur Corporate Events.
• Organize and oversee Earth Month activities; coordinating with other Aveda schools, soliciting assistance when needed, and delegating responsibilities when needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Institute Director
• Senior Compliance Manager
• Professional Development Manager
• Significant interaction with Cosmetology and Esthiology team members, students, and students' parents and/or support system.
• Must be able to travel occasionally for training or attend an external event for the Institute.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor's Degree in psychology, human resources, or other related field preferred.
• 2 years social service or human resource related experience required; prior experience in cosmetology industry preferred.
• Strong Time Management skills: Ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
• Analytical: ability to see problems and solutions from multiple angles.
• Planning: ability to prepare in advance.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail oriented.
• Skilled in working with diverse populations.
• Willing to travel and work a flexible schedule; including evenings and weekends.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; articulate in English.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Commitment to company mission and vision.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Millennium.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk; stand; sit for up to seven (7) hours at a time; use hands to handle objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, talk and hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include vision and ability to read documents. Some unpacking and packing of materials such as files is required.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a noise level that is usually minimal to moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Nurtur is committed to serving a diverse multicultural body of students in an atmosphere that promotes creativity, respect and teamwork. We commit to recruit an experienced and qualified faculty and staff who are reflective of the infinitely varied human talent available. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The Aveda Institute Los Angeles was founded in 2008 to create the most successful entrepreneurs in the professional beauty industry. Our curriculum entails practical knowledge gained from today's most successful masters in hair care, makeup, skin care, and retail services.
The Nurtur Aveda Institutes are proud to have been honored by Modern Salon's Excellence In Education Awards as a nominee in all eight of their eight categories and named a winner of one of those eight for the past three years. We were nominated in the categories of Beauty Changes Lives, Community Involvement, Facilities, Alumni & Advanced Education, Marketing, Placement, School Culture, and Technology; with a win in Alumni & Advanced Education in 2013; a win in School Culture in 2014, a win in Facilities in 2015; and a win in Placement in 2016. We pride ourselves on a well-rounded experience and education for our students and the breadth of honors we received are a testament to that commitment.
The mission of the Aveda Institute Los Angeles is to inspire and educate our students, our team and our guests about beauty, fashion, wellness and nature. This includes preparing our students for Professionals in the fields of cosmetology and esthetics.
The Aveda Institute Los Angeles is committed to fostering an environment of respect and trust in order to allow students and team members to express their individuality and creativity.
The distinctive learning and work environment at the Aveda Institute Los Angeles encourages personal and professional growth, the continuous quest for knowledge and a commitment to teamwork.
NURTUR CORE VALUES: Everyone in the organization must follow these core values.
Fun: Promotes fun in the work place.
Trust: Creates trust by communicating with integrity
Servant Leader: Is a servant leader and serves from the heart. Leads by example - willing to perform all functions expected of team.
Teamwork: Fosters collaboration among teams and team members.
Customer Focused: Is customer-centric in thought and action.
Raving Fans Customer Service: Delivers world-class customer service to internal and external customers - creates raving fans.
Continuous Improvement: Promoting continuous improvement in self and others. Develops self and others to attain full potential.
Proactive/Solutions Oriented: Is action-oriented and solutions-oriented
Accountable: Responsive to needs of team and holds team accountable. 'Inspects what he/she expects.'
Thinks Win-Win: Creates win-win relationships with team and community.
Sustainable: Is business-focused and bottom-line oriented.
Above & Beyond: Is committed to excellence and exceptional results and inspires team to surpass goals.
AVEDA SUCCESS FACTORS:
Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring Institute policies and all regulatory requirements
Guest Focus: Striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than our department or the Institute
Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed
Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things
Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
People Management: Setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance, holding people accountable
Los Angeles, CA
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:55:25 PDT