Strategic Enrollment Analyst
The Strategic Enrollment Analyst reports to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment. This position involves a high level of judgment and autonomy and requires good knowledge of college enrollment policies and procedures. The position requires an experienced professional with statistical expertise and initiative.
Duties involve assisting the Associate Vice President of Enrollment, Vice President of Enrollment and Dean of Admission & Financial Aid, and Director of Financial Aid with studies and projects, including needs analyses, market analysis and predictive modeling for enrollment management.
This position will collect, extract and analyze enrollment data, identify trends, prepare macro level reports, and communicate findings to support data driven decision making. This position is an integral member of the enrollment department and will work closely with Institutional Research and other areas throughout the College.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Design processes and reports for enrollment management decision making by:
- Designing, constructing and maintaining systems for data reporting and sharing purposes using relational databases and appropriate software
- Independently researching, compiling and preparing reports and special studies that support enrollment planning and budgeting
- Producing periodic and ad hoc reports from existing data sources
- Analyzing reports and data sets to identify problems, to determine and implement solutions
- Developing implications from analyses and making recommendations to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment regarding actions to be taken
- Extracting data from operational systems for inclusion in databases and reports
- Completing questionnaires and surveys for enrollment data for external agencies and data exchange efforts
- Attending meetings within Enrollment and, as needed, across the college to discuss, analyze, and problem solve reporting issues
- Maintaining a schedule of reports with due dates, delegation of responsibilities, and dates completed
- Maintaining membership in, attending and presenting at regional and/or national professional association meetings on a regular basis for professional development in addition to enhancing the college’s presence and reputation
- As an integral member of the enrollment team, assist in the formulation and implementation of modeling for enrollment and admission decisions and procedures by:
- Creating and maintaining statistical models of student flow through the college and use those models to simulate the effect of proposed changes to college practice, as well as to make short-term and long-term enrollment projections based on explicit assumptions
- Creating and maintaining effective yield models which advise admission and financial aid decisions, and provide interval estimates of first-year enrollment
- Working closely with other parties to model multiyear scholarship awarding strategies, subject to budgetary constraints and college priorities that enable the college to allocate grant and scholarship aid
- Create and manage business intelligence, data policies, procedures and standards within the offices of Admission and Financial Aid as directed by:
- Working with enrollment’s leadership team on internal and external reporting processes and surveys
- Bringing responsible parties together for completion of reports or subsections of reports as needed from other offices, such as the business office, housing, Registrar, etc.
- Verifying reports contain accurate and complete data prior to submission
- Producing enrollment trend reports for college leadership
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Enrollment and/or Vice President of Enrollment and Dean of Admission & Financial Aid
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to educational research, statistics, business intelligence, or another closely related field
- Training, background and proficiency with research design, data collection and analysis
- Detailed understanding of how to pull data from a relational database, then analyze and report data and information for strategic decision making
- Experience using statistical software (SAS, SPSS, etc.), work with data dictionaries and use computer applications relevant to enrollment management (Slate, Banner, etc.)
- Experience working with complex files/tables
- Experience working both independently and as a team member, exercise consistent discretion and judgment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Dedication to integrity, consistency and accuracy in all aspects of reporting
- A master’s degree in a field related to educational research, statistics, business intelligence, or another closely related field, such as higher education management, psychometrics, assessment or management information systems
- Experience with developing and maintaining dashboards for key performance measurements
- Knowledge of and experience working with Tableau Software for interactive data visualization
- Experience working within enrollment management and developing/maintaining systems for delivery of information and decision support, including systems such as Slate, Banner or similar
- Ability to identify and implement creative solutions to problems
- Knowledge of post-secondary education environments and familiarity with small liberal arts colleges in particular
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.