Enrollment Communications Specialist
The Office of Enrollment seeks applications for a full-time Enrollment Communications Specialist. Reporting directly to the Enrollment Operations and Systems Manager, the primary function of this position is to craft and implement tactical and dynamic messaging for recruitment outreach to prospective undergraduate students.
The candidate should understand the basics of web forms, email, and database functionality in order to achieve a detailed understanding of the admission online CRM system, emails, and form functionality. The incumbent will set up and maintain all one time and on-going email communications, create and maintain forms for internal and external events and travel, and act as a primary contact for system communications support questions and requests from other system users in regard to prospective student communications.
Additional expectations of this position include conducting training sessions and creating training documentation; analyzing user requirements and recommending courses of action, which can include enhancements to current systems or the use of other applications; developing solutions when problems occur; and assisting in time management, quality assurance and control, project reporting, testing, and risk management procedures.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Review, revise and develop dynamic e-communication for targeted populations as well as for an array of segments
- Review, revise and develop admission letters for each stage of the admission pipeline
- Write, program and execute admission-related content to support the various marketing and communication plans within Slate CRM
- Develop, strengthen and manage admission and financial aid content on specific website pages to ensure key word relevancy, simplistic and intuitive navigation, and story-based communication flow
- Work closely with enrollment marketing to develop highly engaging e-communication templates
- Develop and manage detailed communication calendar for enrollment planning and evaluation
- Track and report webpage and e-communication analytics weekly to share with enrollment leadership; use analytics to inform decision-making of future communication tactics
- Ability to follow the expectation of treating fellow employees, students and the institution’s guests with courtesy and respect always showing an attitude of proactive positive engagement
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure while multitasking under deadlines
- Ability to be supervised, giving and accepting constructive criticism
- Other duties as assigned by the Enrollment Operations and Systems Manager, Associate Vice President of Enrollment and/or Vice President of Enrollment and Dean of Admission & Financial Aid
- A bachelor’s degree
- Three years of communication experience, working with CRM software
- Basic knowledge of SQL and HTML programming
- High level of competency working with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working both independently and as a team member, exercise consistent discretion and judgment
- Good written and oral communication skills
Physical Effort Requirements:
- The incumbent is required to be mobile and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.