Senior Firmware Engineer
Our client is looking for a talented, self-starting firmware developer to join the their team to help deliver affordable solar power to emerging markets in Africa.
This position offers a great opportunity to work alongside an elite team of engineers and business professionals and directly contribute to the success of a fast-moving venture-funded Silicon Valley startup with great potential for social and environmental impact. The ideal applicant will have experience being a mid-level software engineer and will help shape the technological vision of the company and play an important role in the product development team. Candidates must enjoy working in a startup environment, and ideally have a passion for renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets. This position offers a unique opportunity for interesting global travel including Sub-Saharan Africa for field visits and other parts of the world as well. (Travel ~10% time)
Key & Responsibilities
• Designing and implementing embedded firmware solutions for managing analog interfaces, power control, and inter/intra-system communications
• Working directly with other engineers in new product architecture definition, key component selection, feature development and DFM
• Selection and procurement of required firmware development tools for each product platform
• Owning all existing and new product firmware, including management of all firmware repositories
• Development of communication protocols jointly with software team to integrate hardware with existing software systems
• Documenting new and existing firmware features in firmware specification documents
• Defining firmware design validation test plans, supporting test execution
• and issue resolution
• Designing software to support formalized product compliance testing
Required Skills & Experience
• Strong proficiency in writing C/C++ for embedded systems
• Familiarity and competence in working with Git based software repositories
• Ability to independently understand electrical schematics and hardware system diagrams
• Ability to solve dynamic problems with limited data in a systematic fashion
• Strong understanding of computer security principals and cryptographic practices
• Understanding of LCD display driving and designing for localizable user interfaces
• Bachelor's degree in Computer, Electrical or Software Engineering
• 3 years related experience
• Experience developing firmware for GSM communications and IoT devices
• Experience developing with Bluetooth and BTLE embedded communication stacks
• Experience developing with embedded USB communication stacks
• 5+ years related experience
Raising the bar.
The fabric of Ethos Venture is threaded together with more than 30 years of combined experience in recruiting across the board for all types of positions and companies. Our powerful research tools and extensive network enables us to discover exceptional passive and active candidates for hard-to-fill positions. We work tirelessly and passionately toward the greater good for all parties involved, and strive to achieve winning solutions for our clients and candidates.
Our priorities thrive on the needs of the client, and in turn finding outstanding candidates whose employment goals we can fulfill.
The core values of Ethos Venture are founded on commitment, integrity, honesty, human focus, communication, trust and competence. These principles guide our work on a daily basis and ultimately set Ethos apart.
San Francisco, CA
Wed, 19 Jul 2017 13:13:06 PDT