Assistant Manager For Dog Daycare
While working with SPOT is technically a job we know you will find that it's more than that. Being a SPOT team member is a commitment to yourself, your teammates, the company and our two and four-legged customers. It's a commitment to being extraordinary.
Apply now to turn your passion for dogs into a career with SPOT. As a SPOT Assistant Manager you will inspire a team of like-minded dog loving care providers at a unique SPOT Canine Club facility. Grow your leadership potential in partnership with the General Manager and benefit from professional training and development programs to enhance your career. Learn the many aspects of retail facility management through hands-on leadership opportunities including reviewing dog care techniques, coordinating staff, managing budgets and supporting the daily operations of the facility.
As an assistant manager at SPOT, you will:
• Motivate staff to maximize collaboration, retention and growth
• Collaborate with your locations general manager to maintain the day to day operations of the facility
• Partner with pet parents from first day interviews to evaluating and providing guidance on the proper care services to meet each dogs individual needs
• Nurture your leadership skills and grow your career through various opportunities
At SPOT, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, and rewarded.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Educating clients about dog care and SPOT's services and ensuring they're presented the packages that best meet their needs
• Create weekly work schedules for the locations staff in accordance with SPOT's budget and policies
• Lead the training and development of all associates
• Promote and market SPOT's services to prospective customers
• Cross sell SPOT's services to current customers
• Manage store to operational success in line with SPOT's budget and operation procedures
• Ensure the facility properly maintained
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Requires two to four years of sales, retail, hospitality, or related experience(PET CARE EXP. A PLUS!)
• Two years of experience in a management role
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Respond well to unusual or chaotic situations
• Strong organizational skills
• Capacity to understand and manage facility financial duties
• Computer literacy required
• Ability to work varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
** DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE APPLYING, WHEN RESPONDING PLEASE WRITE A BRIEF 1-2 SENTENCE ABOUT YOURSELF. ALSO END DESCRIPTION WITH THE WORDS "SPOT A.M. POSITION" SO WE CAN FILTER WHICH CANDIDATES PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL WHICH IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS POSITION! THANK YOU. **
SPOT Canine Club is New York's premier and fastest-growing pet care services provider. Our unique dog care facilities offer best-in-industry care for every dog we service and their owners. Each facility offers a supportive environment within a fun, friendly and fast-paced workplace.
When you join the SPOT team you will discover a culture that values ongoing training and career advancement. We value diversity and encourage our team members to reach their full potential.
SPOT offers a industry leading benefits package including a competitive salary, career path opportunities, health benefits, medical, dental, and vision, and generous vacation time
New York, NY
Wed, 19 Jul 2017 09:10:59 PDT