Under limited supervision, provides complex system-level technical support of multi-user operating systems hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. Requires extensive knowledge of systems analysis and systems theory. Designs and plans systems and serves as a technical specialist. May recommend systems to purchase.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyzes management needs regarding use of integrated data processing equipment or operations and processes.
2. Investigates, plans, implements, tests, and debugs operating system software.
3. Plans, coordinates, and schedules investigations, feasibility studies and surveys, including economic evaluation of proposed and existing automatic data processing and machine applications.
4. Designs and implements integrated hardware and software computer and information systems to meet organizational requirements.
5. Prepares on-line and hard copy documentation of systems and user applications.
6. Provides instruction and training to users and other employees on day-to-day procedures.
7. Participates in budget planning, implementation, and monitoring for purchase and maintenance of hardware and software.
8. Serves as a lead technical specialist in a design subgroup, directing and integrating the work of one or two lower level analysts, each responsible for several programs.
9. May supervise and/or lead lower graded staff and/or student employees.
10. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
11. Performs problem resolution and provides on-call support for computer/network systems.
12. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor's degree; at least 6 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.ORMaster's degree; at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Ability to analyze operational requirements and assess data processing technology and capacity requirements.
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
• Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
• Ability to develop and write systems and applications documentation and guides for users.
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
• Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Ability to make financial evaluations and proposals regarding current and/or future hardware and software capabilities/requirements.
• Ability to design, develop, and implement integrated hardware/software systems solutions to organizational requirements.
• Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
• Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:15:06 PDT