Web Architect is responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of website platforms and solutions to support digital business initiatives. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of web platforms, including laraval and cloud hosted platforms like AWS. We are looking for someone who is an expert with a LAMP and LAPP environment and can work with Laravel.
The candidate will have hands-on technical and solution architecture skills with demonstrable experience developing and supporting enterprise level PHP and WCM based corporate web applications.
• Determine appropriate hosting platform and web content management approach for implementing and managing customer facing websites •
• Coordinate design and development activities with other related or dependent application delivery teams. •
• Work with on-premise infrastructure team and cloud platform (AWS) provider to define site hosting parameters and deployment processes •
• Define, document, and enforce web platform engineering standards. •
• Perform secure coding practices and comply with security and compliance policies •
• Drive consistent development practices across all custom web development, tools, and common components. •
• Develop a deep understanding of integration and dependencies with other systems and platforms within the architectural landscape. •
• Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings. •
• Ensure websites are designed and implemented to be extensible, maintainable, highly available and scalable to meet demand. •
• Implement application logging and monitoring to assure system reliability.
• Document design decisions and integrations resulting from new designs, system changes or upgrades
• Support system, performance, and UAT QA testing efforts •
• Provide development support during post implementation hyper-care activities •
• Produce, distribute and administer release notes. •
• Other development related tasks as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline is preferred. Will consider equivalent work experience. •
• 3+ years' experience as Senior Web Developer and Architect. •
• 7+ years' experience with object-oriented programming in PHP. •
• Experience writing complex SQL queries and database schema design. •
• Experience with MVC frameworks (Zend, CodeIgniter, Laravel ( *Required ), Yii, etc.). •
• Experience consuming and creating web services (SOAP and REST). •
• Experience with Agile SCRUM development methodology is desired •
• Experience with Test Driven Development and other development best practices •
• Experience with website caching strategies and page load optimization •
• Experience in use of source code management systems, GIT.
Baytech is a global, full-service web development and Digital Marketing Agency. Rated a top three Silicon Valley web development firm, we offer a full range of web services to clients of all sizes. We invest and serve Enterprise companies in all industries; from manufacturing to distributing, from servicing to retailing and financing to technology and the list continues to grow each day.
Baytech excels in various web development disciplines, including the development of complex web portal, CRM (Customer Relationship Management), CMS (Content Management System), e-Commerce system, advanced corporate and enterprise applications (software development). Our design disciplines include strategic planning and research, high quality branding and design, interactive multimedia solutions; all of which combine to markedly improve our client's competitive position and internet footprint.
San Jose, CA
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:57:21 PDT