Administrative Assistant for Information Technology Services
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Administrative Assistant supports learning through the successful operation of the Office of Information Technology by providing quality administrative and clerical assistance to faculty, staff and students.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the CIO and staff of Information Technology Services.
- Responds to phone inquiries; greets all who enter the office; communicates electronically with faculty, staff and student; and delivers service to customers in a way that reflects positively upon the departments and the university.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, meeting summaries, and documents as requested.
- Performs general office duties, including copying, faxing, ordering office supplies, filing and distributing the mail.
- Submits purchase order requisitions and tracks expenditures in monthly budget reports for designated programs.
- Submits and follows-through on work orders, and coordinates campus services necessary for the effective operation of the programs.
- Ensures website for Information Technology Services is up-to-date.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Prior work in an office environment preferred.
- Experience in Higher Education and/or Information Technology also preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, and flexibility to handle changing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally, through computer, and other digital media.
- Ability to move about campus.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.