RESEARCH PROJECT MGR, UNIVERSITY
RESEARCH PROJECT MGR, UNIVERSITY
PAS Adm - Duke Entrepreneurship
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (I&E) at Duke is designed to enable students, staff, faculty, alumni, and parents to leverage innovations that grow on campus and in the broader Duke community to make tangible changes in the world through entrepreneurship. The research area of the I&E Initiative is a catalyst for the social science research in innovation and entrepreneurship that occurs throughout the campus by faculty and PhD students. The I&E Research Project Manager will coordinate and supervise research and administrative activities of a number of projects conducted by principal investigator(s). This includes reviewing and supervising activities performed by subordinates in the collection, compilation, documentation and analysis of research data.
- Collaborate with principal investigator(s), research staff, and/or staff on site in developing and conducting program evaluation activities.
- Assist in the development of guidelines/protocols and measurement tools and other processes as appropriate for the collection of program evaluation data.
- Confer with other staff involved in data collection, data analysis, and the execution of the evaluation to ensure compliance with protocol guidelines and adherence to requirements of the contract; identify problems and take action as appropriate; review study files to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Prepare a variety of narrative and analytical reports and correspondence for data management section; monitor adherence to established timelines and recommend corrective action as necessary.
- Analyze and interpret data in conjunction with principal investigator (s), statisticians and other members of the research team as appropriate; prepare presentations and written reports and analysis setting forth progress, trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions; collaborate on the preparation of manuscripts for publication, as appropriate. Identify problems and/or inconsistencies in data collection, recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Coordinate the development of forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; write procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies.
- Supervise work of technical and professional support personnel involved in planning, implementation; ensure distribution of supplies and equipment for execution of research protocols.
- Manage relationships with all project stakeholders.
- Work with grants manager to ensure fiscal oversight of project through the development of detailed budgets and schedules
- Travel to sites to oversee on-site program evaluation activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
1007 RESEARCH PROJECT MGR, UNIVERSITY
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Master's degree in social sciences or similar curricula preferred.
Minimum of three years of related program evaluation experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.