ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT SP2
Duties: The Associate Director of Institutional Advancement and Campaign Strategy is a full-time position in the School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) Office of Institutional Advancement and will report directly to the Associate Dean of Institutional Advancement. He/she will work with the Associate Dean to craft and support an ongoing and evolving strategy for the School's upcoming campaign aligned with the University campaign. He/she will identify, cultivate and solicit a portfolio of major gifts prospects, including foundations as well as corporations, and will manage and grow SP2's Corporate Partnership Program. The Associate Director will write proposals for foundations/corporations and individual donors. He/she also will manage and oversee the School's Annual Fund, and will assist with special projects within the Office of Institutional Advancement as needed.
Leading Annual and Major Gifts:
Identify, recruit and manage a portfolio of prospects who can contribute to the bottom line goals/totals of SP2.
* Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
1) Initiating and coordinating the research of potential donors
2) Initiating contact with potential donors;
3) Developing appropriate cultivation strategies for prospects
4) Moving potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and gift closure
* Conduct visits (metrics to be determined) to alumni, corporations, foundations and/or prospective donors.
Corporate and Foundation Relations
* Identify potential foundation and corporate donors to help meet the School's priority needs.
* Research potential funders for various SP2 research centers and programs through the Foundation Center Online Directory and other internet resources.
* Develop funding letters of inquiry and proposals.
* Accompany Associate Dean and/or Dean on Foundation visits.
* Continue to grow SP2's Corporate Awareness Program to enhance SP2's landscape of corporate partnerships.
* Serve as SP2's liaison/representative for Central Development.
The Annual Fund
* Write and send two to four Annual Fund solicitations per year.
* Strategically segment giving lists and target solicitations as needed.
* Manage and work to enhance giving clubs.
* Work in conjunction with Central Development to enhance Annual Fund efforts.
* Working closely with Associate Dean, craft and implement ongoing Campaign strategies to reach Campaign goals.
* Assist in data mining efforts in collaboration with Central Research to identify new prospects.
* Assist in ongoing creation of campaign communications/collateral materials.
* Participate as a member of the team in all alumni and other Institutional Advancement Activities
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred. Minimum 3-5 years' experience in fundraising. Experience writing grants, fundraising, planning events, and coordinating volunteers. Must be able to work independently and meet multiple deadlines. Travel, some evening/weekend work and valid driver's license required.
Reference Number: 90-26351
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: School/Center Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration