Professional Temporary-Health Care Tech II
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El college of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs in collaboration with the City Employee Medical Clinic invites applications for a Medical Assistant (MA). This is a full time, Professional Temporary position that will be responsible for assisting with front and back office duties in our small family practice.
- Assist with patient check-in, exams, minor office procedures including set-up, clean-up, patient prep and documentation in the electronic medical record. Will also administer injections, specimen collection and point of care testing.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, review medication lists and document care provided per established guidelines.
- Prepare and disinfect exam rooms for each patient's visit. Ensure adequate supplies and appropriate instruments are available. Inventory and order medical supplies. Ensure equipment is cleaned and maintained per protocol.
- Assist with scheduling patients, phone messages, keeping referral information up to date.
- Reliable, self-motivated, positive attitude
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of basic MA duties
- Basic functional computer skills
- Ability/initiative to anticipate providers' needs for upcoming appointments.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.24 hour
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a cri8minal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- High School diploma or GED
- Certification or registered as a Medical Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Current BLS card/certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:In preparation for completing your application, have you attached your cover letter and resume? In order to submit your application, you will be required to attach these documents.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:-- Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by August 2, 2017 will receive full consideration. -- Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. -- Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact inforation.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Jul 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Francesca Moore
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00735926