*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Depression Center
Intake Coordinator (Program Assistant I)
Position #735971 - Requisition 10360
The Depression Center has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Intake Coordinator (Program Assistant I) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified), Intake Coordinator (Program Assistant I). This role will act as a first point of contact for patients, families, and referral sources seeking treatment at the Military Family Clinic. The position will also provide primary clerical, operational and administrative support for the Military Family Clinic management, faculty and staff.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Screen and triage incoming inquiries from patients and referral sources to the Clinic.
- Schedule initial appointments with Veterans and /or family members and offer referrals to external providers when necessary.
- Coordinate case assignment with MFC multi-disciplinary team.
- Document detailed intakes in electronic health records and other databases as needed.
- Meet regularly with Outreach Manager and Lead Clinician to coordinate case assignments, client activities at satellite locations, report referral to admission conversion rate.
- Prepare reports and develop databases for the Executive Director, Medical Director and Clinic Director for tracking patients, repeat visits/consults, no shows, etc.
- Be active in and network with Veteran community groups; provide presentations at various community groups within the greater metropolitan and surrounding area; promote the success and reputation of the Military Family clinic and its programs.
- Responsible for identifying processes in order centralized functions and for daily problem solving.
- Perform administrative clerical duties for the practice management faculty and staff:
- Assist in developing office procedures, operations, and standards; and evaluating office production and quality.
- Prepare treatment manuals and other clinical materials.
- Maintain medical records and disseminate patient information/correspondence according to HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain and monitor maintenance among others in the practice of the confidentiality and privacy of patients.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Four (4) years of general clerical and administrative services experience, which includes one year of intake coordination experience.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the specific experience.
Condition of Employment: Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required to meet clinic needs.
- Bachelor's or higher earned degree from an accredited institution in a Social Services field.
- Active LMSW or LPC-Intern.
- Experience working with Veteran and Military population highly preferred.
- Experience working in a medical practice.
- Mental health or medical office management experience.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current knowledge of the field of mental health, counseling, case management and other related social services.
- A patient/customer oriented focus is critical for telephone triage and scheduling.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with many providers, who have many responsibilities other than patient care.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to represent the agency and respond professionally in all situations.
- Ability to negotiate clients down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and implement prioritize multiple demands.
- This individual is responsible for the timely and appropriate management of, access to, scheduling and authorization of Military Family Clinic clinical services.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of office management practices and techniques is required.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble and analyze information for reports or special projects, to make sound judgments, to act independently, and to maintain positive working relationships.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products-Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an office or a function within an office independently.
- Knowledge of and the skills necessary to conceptualize, organize and implement office management functions independently, such as evaluating office production and quality, and policies and procedures writing.
- Both written and oral communication both externally and internally will be key in this position the primary purpose of which will be information sharing. Because this person may be the first contact many external sources have with the Depression Center, good communication skills will be key to position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Brittany Pittman at Brittany.email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21384 - SOM-PSYCH-Depression GenOps
Posting Date: Jul 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Brittany Pittman
Posting Contact Email: Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00735971