University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work:
This Sr. Professional Research Assistant position is a faculty position with primary duties to conduct statistical analyses for our research. The position is not eligible for tenure. This employee can be terminated at any time without notice and severance pay may not be provided. The position is a .5 FTE (50%) position.
This position will be responsible for data management, data analyses, grant writing, manuscript writing, and research study coordination, all of which are essential to HIV prevention research with current drug users. This position will be responsible for basic and advanced research duties, maintaining research integrity, data collection and statistics, tracking and analysis, supervising the entry of data and organizing large amounts of quantitative data.
The Associate Professor will supervise this individual.
This position will supervise the HIV tester/counselor, up to 3 interviewers, and up to 4 outreach workers.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
100% time spent as data manager, analyst, and supervisor responsible for the analysis of quantitative data. Also the applicant will assist with literature searches and other manuscript writing tasks, and with new research grant development. Finally the applicant would be responsible for conducting advanced longitudinal and basic descriptive analysis, and other research duties as needed. Additional duties may be assigned to reach project goals.
- Master's level degree required in biostatistics, epidemiology or related quantitative field or commensurate experience.
- Three or more years' experience programming in SAS or R with complex data management, and longitudinal models including; cox proportional hazard gamma frailty, and generalized linear mixed models.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Comfort working with injection drug users and experience working with an ethnically diverse population
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong communication, organization and record keeping skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8784
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21211 - SOM-PSYCH PROJ SAFE GEN OP
Posting Date: Jul 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Patricia Wilkins
Posting Contact Email: Patricia.Wilkins@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00602306